Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 48 Chevy followed me home Sat.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by camcb, Jan 5, 2015.

1. camcb

camcb

My plans are to leave the 216 in it for now with maybe a header and dual carb intake . Redo the interior basically the way it is now which is black pleated vinyl seats and door panels. The exterior will be put back blue or matte black ....
    I need some bits and pieces so if any of you guys have a parts car please hollar at me.

Attached Files:

2. The Bald One

The Bald One

Very cool, I have a chopped 48 coupe I am putting together now and a 47 Aero waiting in the wings. Let me know what you need and ill dig through my stuff and see what I have.

3. camcb

camcb

Hood spring, windshield wiper control knob, 3 window crank escutcheons and a radio face w/ buttons. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Thanks for offering to help!

4. camcb

camcb

Oh and the stock hub caps.

5. camcb

camcb

I just checked your chopped 48 pics and that thing looks bad a$$!

My horn button assembly is missing too.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  6. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Neat car....let me know if you get tired of it.:D

7. belair

belair

I like mine. Congrats. Hope the 216 lives longer thn mine did.

8. Looks like a great car!

9. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

Nice project car. I've got a '46 coupe I'm working on. Try Chevs of the 40s for your parts needs.

10. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hey,nice car. You can get everything you mentioned from www.chevsofthe40s.com website. I bought a ton of stuff there redoing my 46 coupe. If you need engine parts or upgrade parts Langdons is a good source.
    Just finished with the engine rebuild & swap using a 57 Chevy inline 235 engine with dual carbs, headers, 0.060 bore & a hotter cam & upgrade to 12 volts. The coupe has an old restoration from 1990 & still looks great.

Good luck with everything. Jimmie

11. aaggie

aaggie

I had one in High School in 1961 and it was a real POS but I learned a lot about keeping a car going. I think I went through four engines and a few transmissions and learned how to rebuild front suspensions. I worked in a salvage yard and the owner was generous about giving me parts. Strange thing about the 216 Chevy six, when it slung a rod it was almost always number five that burned out the Babbitt bearing. You could pull the pan and remove the rod and piston from the bottom then put the pan back on and run it on five cylinders. It would run rough at idle but smooth out when you got up to speed. Great memories........

kiwijeff and F-ONE like this.
  12. camcb

camcb

Great memories is why I bought this car. My dad bought me a 48 fleet master 2 door sedan when I was 14 for $100. That was 38 years ago. My father passed away this past September. Up till then I'd been looking for a 38-40 Ford flathead but realized a 48 Chevy would be a good thing for me. Its given me reason to smile and reminise. I look forward to fixing this car up since I'm better prepared now then way back then. Thanks for the comments guys.

F-ONE likes this.
  13. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Looks like a sweet Chevy coupe to me! I like it!

14. The Bald One

The Bald One

Thanks, it will hopefully be driving this summer.

I think I have just about everything you are looking for. Let me dig through stuff this week to confirm.

15. camcb

camcb

I managed to decipher the style, paint, trim codes but not the rest. Anyone know what's indicated on the rest?

Attached Files:

16. Daddy_O

Daddy_O

17. camcb

camcb

Thanks Daddy O.

18. triker ox

triker ox

Looks good ! I have a 47 coupe I am slowly getting together, 47_n.jpg

19. camcb

camcb

Looks good triker ox what wheels are on it?