Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods PASADENA ROADSTERS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mandriano, Jan 4, 2015.

1. mandriano

mandriano
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is this club still in exsistence

2. Looks like they still have a website.

3. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Yes ..... BUT .....

I believe there are some issues between members

Hell - you can even buy a club member's plaque and cap on eBay right now if you really want to further desecrate the standing of the club.

4. oldolds

oldolds

Hmmmm... $600 for the plaque

5. 296ardun

296ardun

They re-ran the Pasadena Roadster Club reliability run until a couple of years ago, Mazooma had some great photos of it, then it just disappeared...

6. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I don't know the status of the club but the Reliability Run they ran for a few years was one of the highlights in the LA area for us old farts and some young ones - like Dennis Lacey. I inquired about the status of the meet and was told that the liability was the main issue. I thought they did a great job of organizing the run and kept the numbers low for the first few. The Race of Gentlemen, The Hot Rod Hill Climb and some others are taking precedent over the LA area old established meets. Someone/club should start something on this coast for the people who really enjoy old roadsters. If you need capital I am sure the participants would be happy to contribute.
    IMG_0004.jpg
    The starting line was the place to be. You could watch each one start the course.
    IMG_0044.jpg
    Sight like this made you drool while walking the line prior to the start.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. McFly

McFly

I participated in this run twice, and by far it was the most fun I ever had with like minded folks.

8. zephyr speed

zephyr speed
    from reno nv

Did the last one with my sons just finished 34 and it was by far one of the best events EVER. Sure wish it would come back.