Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Look at this roadster picture

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loudpedal, Jan 2, 2015.

1. geoford41

geoford41
    from Delaware

Great Story. My son Scott & I shared many car moments from the time he was 2 & we scrounged junkyards for parts for my '32 3 window daily driver, Scott is gone now but the memories are real strong, hold onto your Dad/kids as life is fleeting. I felt good reading your account of that thrash & great ride. God bless.

AHotRod and metal man like this.
  2. metal man

metal man

Great story, man. It brought a tear to my eye, mostly because it reminds me of my dad and I. I've had the pleasure of several "first drives" in new hot rods with him, most recently just this summer in the car in my avatar . That's dad, me,and my son in Louisville( photo by Hamber "DeSoto").It had two hundred miles on it when the three of us left columbus in it.

There is something really special about it. We build all our cars together, and learn from one another almost daily. When that thing first comes to life and moves under it's own power, it's always the two of us,and a bag of tools. The first trip around the block, the first big burnout, and the first road trip....always he and I since 1988.

Next year my son and I (and his grandpa) will finish his Model A coupe. I know dad will be there when it's time for the first ride, and now I sit here wondering how the heck all three of us are going to fit in there.

Your roadster looks fantastic, and your story is very heart warming. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    volvobrynk and AHotRod like this.
  3. VA T

VA T

Nicely written. Very nicely written.

4. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Here we are just before the first run up the mountain. My Dad, one of my brothers and one of my sons. I didn't mention how cold it was. 10614177_537140886417894_3570707947436937298_n (1).jpg

Here we are messing with the carbs at the top of the mountain waiting for the rest of the cars to come up. 10613133_537140593084590_8139646040225678397_n.jpg

metal man likes this.
  5. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

6. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Elmer Equipped.

7. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Great story,
    Beautiful car,
    Congratulations.
    Godspeed
    MrC.

8. barett

barett
    from Taylor TX

Wow that's a great story... That roadster is beautiful.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Knowing your dad, you and your brothers for as long as I have, I'd say the whole family is a class act!

Mick

10. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Looking at the pictures, your dad, you and your son, look like they could be snapshots of your dad at different ages of his life, it just struck me how you all, not only look so much alike, it's apparent you all enjoy this great hobby that infects us all.