Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Here you can see the .09 thick aluminum that ataches the plexi to the slider bolt with rivets. Eventually the main bolt will be aluminum too in order to keep the weight down.

Attached Files:

powrshftr, beebee78 and 91whitestang like this.
  2. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Well ,I don't have anything cool to post, but I did get some work done today. I removed all the wood and metal that was no longer needed from the doors back...it added up to 58 lbs...it's gettin faster as we speak:D

Attached Files:

beebee78, Dog_Patch and powrshftr like this.
  3. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's 58 lbs of TAX FREE HORSEPOWER right there Brother!:D

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

beebee78 and II FUNNY like this.
  4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I like the free E.T.
    When I made the road sine grille for my charger it weighed less than just the center insert.The headlight assemblies tipped the scales at 24 lbs each.

II FUNNY likes this.
  5. Way to go Kip! Now your getting the hang of it. A little birdie told me that one of your Bandits might be going candy ass Nancy on us and bailing on the W Chevy engine combo, and putting a Ford Windbag into his Chebbie? You tell him if he does, I'm building 348 based engine, and coming after him, YOU TELL HIM KIP! AND ONE MORE THING, I'LL TAKE BACK MY NAME LIST TOO, HE CAN JUST CALL IT "Ditto" since it'll be just like every other A bone out there, or he can paint it pink and call it "Bitch Slapped"!!! Cause that's what he's gonna be gett'n if he goes to the dark side! (I'm froth'n at the mouth, & chewing on a 348 valve cover this very instant)!!!

6. Hey Kip, we'll build the 348 together put it in your car, and stomp the silly putty outta that Chord.
    About that purple Nova, can we just call it "The Art Project"?

7. He's considering the ford motor so he don't have to look at my taillights all the time because he knows what kind of power them little fords make. That poor old chebbie needs the weight break to keep up with my little ford.:eek:

8. Fuming
    Over
    Rumored
    Developments

9. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

10. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

You guys can jab each other all ya want...but I don't see anyone running Jerry down at a legal weight anytime soon.

11. 1bad32sedan

1bad32sedan
    from Wisconsin

Man Lots of smack talking on here for a bunch of guys with there cars still in pieces. (Border Bandits) I'll save the smack talk for when the car is together. Whatever the sedan gets for a motor it will be a chevy.

12. Who's Jerry?

13. 1bad32sedan

1bad32sedan
    from Wisconsin

Willingham with the Chevy powered (Reaper) mustang.

14. Oh right, I thought Kip was talking about one of the Bandits, I hadn't heard of

15. powrshftr

powrshftr

I was talking to Dylan (Willingham) the other night on Facebook,and apparently the Reaper is running better than it ever has....to the tune of being the car to beat in the S.E.G. At the moment.

I'm looking forward to getting some pics of The Reaper and The Shaker together,and if we get lucky,the Snake Bite car too.....Anybody know if he's planning on making the trip to the Meltdown too...?

Scott

16. Danny G

Danny G

The Reaper ran real good at Greer for the finals but Donovan Stott took it all. His driving skills in that short car makes him hard to beat.The Reaper beat Porter on a redlight but I think the Reaper would have won anyway.

17. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

When we went down there back in nov the guy who owns the snake bite car was at quains when we were there and it did sound like he wanted to make the trip to the meltdown this year with the group of seg guys, so we will see.

powrshftr likes this.
  18. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Porter redlighted and Jerry still ran him down for the win light. Jerry's car was on kill.

19. Danny G

Danny G

They were still sorting the Reaper out at the finals ,they had just changed the engine,trans and rear before the race.

20. Man I love all the friendly smack talk gets me motivated to work on my car. Gonna hit it hard today hopefully have some updates soon. I have been procrastinating for a few weeks on the car and working on stuff I probably shouldn't be worrying about.

21. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Maybe I will leave my non-adjustable ladder bars and just try to tree everyone...if I'm in their lane they will have to try and pass.

55belairx2 and beebee78 like this.
  22. They call that "Checkers or wreckers" in circle track racing. :)

23. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Where's the love!! Lol gotta love our tight knit group, in the end we 'll all be there for each other lets just hope it doesn't come down to the wire again!! Too much talky, talky more worky worky!!! Me included!!

55belairx2 and powrshftr like this.
  24. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Yours is done already...at least till that Muncie spits it's guts out.:D

55belairx2 likes this.
  25. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Yea it's not, it's not a turbo 400 and I'm not Kip..... So I should be good! Lol besides u owe me a push off the starting line lol... Mines still far from done at least ur motor is together.....;)

II FUNNY likes this.
  26. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Not a whole lot of progress to report here but I did receive these in the mail from Mr. Panneton !! Also got the brake lines done and steering column mounted? image.jpg image.jpg

27. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Couple more pics image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Mtn Goat, no1nitrofreak and II FUNNY like this.
  28. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Brakes are good!

beebee78 likes this.
  29. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Hey Ric, aren't those the new pistons you were telling me about that you personally developed with the remotely triggered "trap door" valve pockets???

beebee78 likes this.
  30. powrshftr

powrshftr

Art,the Grape is looking like a million bucks...!

Scott

beebee78 likes this.