Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody got a cool project to kick off the new year?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimSibley, Jan 1, 2015.

1. JimSibley

JimSibley

As we start a new year I am
    Wondering if anyone is starting a cool
    New project? I, myself have just recently purchased a 32 ford , 3w. When I am done with my current build I hope to begin on it in 2015. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420175758.191072.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420175793.674660.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

AHotRod likes this.
  2. 4psi

4psi

Awesome! No new projects. I am trying to finish my old ones! What is the story behind the 32?

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

4. Pops left a '24 Olds and a Model A Ford half finished so both of those are on my list to start this year. I don't like to work in one project at a time. That'd be to smart.

5. JimSibley

JimSibley

The coupe has it's original
    Frame, firewall and doors. I'm pumped. Plans are
    For a mild dual carbed
    Flathead, open driveshaft banjo, dropped heavy axle, and a mild
    Chop and channel. Color is most
    Likely going
    To
    Be a dark
    Maroon. Pretty mild car for me, but we will see. Sometimes things change.

6. Looking for a 32 frame and model A roadster body.
    [​IMG]

Hotrodmyk and JimSibley like this.
  7. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Just thinkin today, I would like to see a thread like this, and Wow! What a way to start it off
    I would like to hear you found it in the desert abandoned or in a river bank for free but I would say you had to dig in somebodys stash and pay pretty good for that one.
    Whatever the case may be, just finding one still left in that disguarded condition is pretty amazing
    acording to everything Ive seen and learned on here in the last sevral years.

..but anyway,Yeah I would like to see some new projects being started too, or even some old ones being finished, Hopefully I can come up with something new of my own in the next few months.
    I would like to see what everyone else is workin on this year even if its been on going for a while or new, that would be great.

8. JimSibley

JimSibley

I did not
    Find it in the desert. I local
    Guy had it and decided he would be better off to get a brookeville car and save some time on the build. He made me a very good deal
    And I am grateful for the opportunity to build
    It. Spokane has a pretty good family of
    Rodders and one of his friends introduced me to him and the deal was done.

9. 55willys

55willys

New projects for the new year.
    (1) I just got the 29 closed cab pickup out of storage and the plan is to finish the chop, replace bottom half of the doors and build new cab corners for it. In the end it will go on a highly modified 32 frame with a Lincoln front axle and a champ quick change rear. The engine is a flathead V8 with a front mounted blower and reverse flow with the exhaust coming out the top.

(2) Get wide five adapters machined and up for sale.

(3) Finish R&D on my wide five disc brake kit and get it into production.

(4) Finish R&D on my Willys disc brake kit and get it into production.

(5) Just brought my 26T touring front half home today and need to get that body into shape and build my modified.

(6) Get casting pattern made so I can cast aluminum wide five disc brake hubs and get them into production.

(7) On top of the list is get my shop insulated because right now it is colder inside than outside.

IMG_20141228_174722059.jpg IMG_20141228_174607766.jpg I hope to have about half of these projects done by mid spring.
    Jim Ford

AHotRod and volvobrynk like this.
  10. 327Eric

327Eric

Gonna try to finish some old projects that have been on the backburner too long. Its almost like starting over. this one first.

Attached Files:

AHotRod likes this.
  11. missysdad1

missysdad1

Yup.

body arrives 4.jpg

Plans call for a car patterned after the ones in the street racing scene at the very beginning of the film, "Hot Rod" (1950). You've got to be quick 'cuz the scene doesn't last very long and the cars used for the close-ups and later in the film are not the same cars.

Nope, not gonna have a flaphead, '39 crash box or '40 banjo because I plan to drive this new car a lot AND nostalgia bracket race it at every opportunity as I do my other hot rods.

The HAMBer (who shall remain nameless for the moment) who'll be doing the chassis fabrication and body fitting work has promised me that I'll not be able to break it. We'll see...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    AHotRod likes this.
  12. Ol Six Shooter

Ol Six Shooter

I have a '64 Buick Riviera I got a hold of for the first time just before Christmas. Not sure how much I'll be able to get done this year, but here's hoping.

13. Paul

Paul
    Editor

bought a '30 A Coupe a few weeks ago,
    it'll get a '58 Olds 371 with J2 carbs- started tearing it down yesterday
    '37 Buick transmission with Olds guts
    9.3 Olds posi rear
    '50 Mercury wheels in front
    reversed '49 Lincolns in the rear
    with '50 Merc caps all around
    it will stay unchopped and full fendered and only slightly lowered

at least that's the plan today, who can say where it will go tomorrow

20141123_124258 small.jpg
    20150101_145343.jpg
    20150102_063015.jpg
    2014-12-18 15.44.08.jpg
    [​IMG]

AHotRod likes this.
  14. I got a couple of things here that I would like to finish u this month, they have been here for a while and need to get done and moved onto new owners. But I would not call them projects in the purest sense.

Aside from getting 7 coats of hand rubbed lacquer on my bike I don't have a thing to do for myself, and I may not get to the paint, just a couple of quick repairs and probably back on the road.

It is nice to see everyone else getting with it though. That means that life is good.

15. fuzzface

fuzzface

No new projects, I'm still trying to unbury myself from some debts when I had the real estate business. Stupid me for not running it under a llc.

Anyways I am planning on getting back to work this year on a few stalled projects because of my financial downturn that I was able to save. Planning on putting an engine back in the '60 phoenix. Working on the chopped '69 ford truck. just picked up a hurst shifter and tranny for it yesterday. Last but not least, I want to pull the '48 Packaard hearse back out of the corner that it resided in for the last 6 years. then a few way off topic projects as well

I can do a lot of work on these without spending much money seeing I have most of the parts already. Hoping to be back on track in spring, so it will be the right time of year for me and then I should be able to split my time between working and surviving and playing with my toys but for now I'm still working to survive and just walking pass my toys getting itchy fingers again because I know I'm close to recovery. I did have a slight setback when my part time job check bounced right before the holidays and they closed their doors for good with no warnings, but i'll make it.

I just hated going in the shop and seeing my private projects sit there when I didn't know if I was going to be able to save them or not, just drove me nuts but it might have helped pushed me too though to save them seeing them sit there daily for years.

16. Paul

Paul
    Editor

also picked up the remains of a '17-'22? Model T Roadster
    and I freshened up a '63 Olds 394 I had collecting dust,
    got another 9.3 rear and a few front axles to choose from

maybe I can make something out of all that junk too..

if I have time and money that is

20141019_112251.jpg

20141019_125936.jpg

20141026_113659.jpg

AHotRod likes this.
  17. Roothawg

Roothawg

That thing is way too complete for you.........

18. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

I am starting a complete build on a 1932 Plymouth 2 door Sedan convertible for a couple of brothers. Plan is a resto-mod of sorts. 331 Hemi backed by an Overdrive. Full fenders, Black and Maroon two tone, and quite possibly steelies.

[​IMG]

AHotRod likes this.
  19. I have a 1951 ford coupe on the way should be here feb 11th or 12th.
    [​IMG]

plans are mild custom lower it skirt spotlights.it runs and drives still flathead powered and 6volt. it will stay that way.

AHotRod likes this.
  20. Davem32

Davem32

I have a very nice drivers door that I don't need. It is exceptionally nice from the window down but some one chopped it and did not know what they were doing destroyed the window post and top. But yours looks preaty good and you are chopping anyway, so easy fix. I am in Wenatchee

21. THE KUSTOMIZER

THE KUSTOMIZER
    from south nj
    1. 60s Show Rods

Not a new project,But one I am going to finish this year,Like you Jim When I get one finished I am thinking about the next one LOL! Build Thread at the bottom.
    WP_000317.jpg

22. I just purchased a 59' Olds Super 88 4dr HT. Not the usual HAMB car, but I'm anxious to get started on it.

23. freestyle bmx

freestyle bmx

How much did that 32 3w set you back?

I wouldn't cut up that Model A coupe personally

24. 37stude

37stude
    from michigan

$_579.jpg $_572.jpg $_572.jpg Just picked up this ratty 3 window, haven't figured out what it actually is yet???
    Quarters and roof corners are aluminum. $_572.jpg

25. 38nailhead

38nailhead
    from England

39 truck with a blown 401 nailhead...at least started this year

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  26. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Gonna put the 5 window together to sell and I bought the chevy to build into a shop/work truck

Attached Files:

27. english gent

english gent
    from England

Can't wait to see what you do with this Jim.

28. pitman

pitman

'37 Stude, Dude? What's your handicap??? That's a traditional...golf-club bag door in the quarter!
    Anybody ID this thing? Dual cowl vents!

29. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

I acquired this 26 T a month or so ago. I'm hoping to be able to put together a roadster pick-up. I have a complete front suspension from a 38 Ford, I have a Model A pick-up bed and rear axle and last summer I acquired a 1953 Packard Straight 8 flathead that I think will make for an interesting power plant. I'm hoping to get a rolling chassis put together this year.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions when it comes to splitting the wishbones, etc
    Thanks all

Bobby

30. The wheels in my head are turning,but nothing has been started yet. HRP