Register now to get rid of these ads!

20 year old Model a Truck Build New Zealand

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dylan499, Nov 21, 2012.

1. LOST THREAD ONE SO WILL RESTART
    This is my first build and enjoying it so far am 20 years old so will be a few more builds after this one i hope

the plan was to pull the motor and box out of my model a truck to give it a respray well im not very good at coping with peer pressure and now the body is also coming off for the complete full rebuild and ive already wanted to throw tools around.. started by taking the seats out to lift the carpet and under the carpet was that cheap ass sound deadner crap which took about three hours to get up. then to find the the orginal screws that were holding the floor down had been replaced with welds and smoothed off. so which could have been a 15 minute job to remove the floor turned into a 4 hour hunt to cut the c*nt out. the inside to striped to nothing now and the motor is pretty well ready to come out.. will keep ya posted on how most of it goes.
    cheers dylan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and not quite sure how i found her but a girl that brings pizza and beer into the shed on a saturday night makes life easy
    [​IMG]

Got the floor and and then took the body off
    [​IMG]
    next to come out was the motor which was a easy job and have started cleaning it up ready for the metal flake gold to go on it will let you know how that goes have seen a few done like this on here and asked a few but never seen one in the flesh
    [​IMG]
    Started doing some prep work on the cab and mounted the new steering box frame can now go away to sand blasters and then off to paint
    [​IMG]
    also waiting to swap the twin 97s for a triple carb or 4 carb manifold
    [​IMG]
    Am replacing the metal roof that was made for this truck by last owner with a new repo wood roof i have only mocked it up but am real happy with the quailty of it think its gonna look great on
    [​IMG]
    Frame is now off at the sandblasters and the body work continues i will keep updating this as i make progress
    hope you enjoy my pictures

thanks dylan

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. Yes, I was watching this build before, and I will again.
    Looking good!

3. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Nice little truck, keep us updated on the build.

4. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

I was wondering where you'd got to. Thought it would be finished by now.

Scotty

5. yeah getting there scotty finished calving and mating now so will free up a bit more time not getting home so late be good

cheers

6. Crackett

Crackett

Heard a rumor you're into mini trucking these days. Any truth to that? :p

Wanted: 28-29 Model a Roadster Quarter Panels

7. Good stuff Dylan, was wundering how things were going over the hill. JW :)

8. the minitrucking romurs are indeed false mr crackshit hahaha na we sold the old ute about a week after we got it hahaha

did a bit more work last night cleaned up where the old steering box was and made some thru frame bosses to mount the new one
    [​IMG]
    im running a holden HQ box nz and aus guys will know of them, good steering box

[​IMG]

also worked on putting the diff back into dads 36 as it needed to be narrowed to fit the bigger cross plys under the gaurds think it looks pretty cool now
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this was the end result

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

9. brady1929

brady1929

10. ImageUploadedByTJJ1356211659.623381.jpg Work has been very quite on the truck but the 36 is all done now

11. Its been a while Dylan and good to see the A coming along. Don't leave it for another two years to update:eek::rolleyes::D JW

12. The 36 looks great, I checked it out in October.....Cool !!! JW
    [​IMG]

13. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

VERRY nice work.....glad you didn't mention throwing tools again!.....life is an adventure enjoy the ride bro

14. 10872128_10204718403414430_1673409954_n.jpg the 36 got sold guy has added all those funny things on the doors and hood lol still a good car the little truck is coming along I tried to add a photo the other day but it didn't want to work

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. attachment.jpg new breaks are installed binned the old steering box and jimmied up steering set up and replaced it with a 40 ford limeworks one that we shortened with is feeding down to a hq steering box. when we were at the la roadster show I brought a 15 inch 40 ford wheel from Reids Rod shop in orange county. the new dash has gone in which we got from Mr jones at the California roadster co.. Some motor bits have been sent away to get chromed like the oil fuller and breather, both the front pulleys. the valley cover has been polished along with the 6 carb manifold. Once money allows we will invest in 6 chrome 97s but bit poor for those atm.. the old roof was cut out and replaced with a wood kit which was a bit of a bastard to get right but looks good still need to make a new visor for it but happy with how it turned out.. fixed the shitty patch repair jobs in the cowl got that looking good again.. that's about it was hoping to get it finished by the time we moved to America but with the motor in the greengo coming back and getting that ready for the drag season we have just run out of time but will be good to see the fomoso mob green go fed on the track in NZ again

cheers Dylan

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. 10877646_10204739216494744_1832910679_n.jpg motor is starting to get to how I wanted it

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. also having one of these is going to be pretty cool z.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. This is coming along nicely.
    Engine looks great.

19. You guys racing at Masterton this weekend? JW

20. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

That Cad mill looks awesome mate.

21. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Thats a nice truck! I like it a lot.

What trans are you running?

And that cab needs a visor! It looks so wrong with out it.

Nice Girl, and If she comes in to the shop, she is a keeper.

Keep at it, lad.

22. yeah we are racing at masterton this weekend then Auckland the following, it is getting a visor I just havnt made one yet
    gearbox is a t350
    cheers

23. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So y'all are still in the land of the long white cloud , great get the major stuff done so Sasha can drive and enjoy it while you are hot rod building in the US.
    I need to get my boy focused on this thread to motivate him to git goin on his 28 pickem up.

24. hahaha Brian I really wanted to get it running for sacha not get it painted or anything but I think when she moves over in march we will look into bringing it with us and finishing it stateside

25. Cool, I will stop by the pits and say hi. :) JW

26. cool man sounds good

27. not quite 20 any more but the build is 90% finished 4 years later after a year living in the states and then getting married the truck is back on the road

Attached Files:

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  28. dog loves having his seat back

Attached Files: