Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage phoenix New years day cruise

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassersteve, Nov 30, 2014.

1. I am perfectly fine with going to Prescott along this route also, but having never driven in snow at all, driving on 4 wheel drum brakes, and having 2 wheel drive, I don't feel this trip is going to happen tomorrow for me.

Tortilla flat was crowded last year and I feel the weather may keep some away but there really is not anywhere to park if it does clear up and sunny like the weather updates are saying.

If anyone has an alternative location speak up. If not the stand by Tortilla flat it will be.

2. Russt29

Russt29
    from Phoenix,Az

Has Lake Havasu crossed anyones mind? skys are clearing to the west and theres some nice two lane. Could still be chilly though!

3. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I think the majority wants to call for Tortilla Flats. I see no problem with that, as long as we don't have to eat at Goldfield again...

4. I would rather stay out of the rain and snow.

need louvers ? likes this.
  5. Weather channel app on my phone calls for clouds in the a.m. to clear up by mid day and be sunny 51°. Tortilla Flat it is

6. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Well, Steve made an announcement on the Bookface. ...

Meet up spot and times unchanged. Destination is now officially Tortilla Flats.

7. Chip are you going to bring the bucket still?

8. Since the location has changed.

9. CalGasser

CalGasser

Well crap, gonna miss you guys here in Prescott but hey, why chance it and wreck your ride, get hurt or worse? The idea was great so maybe sometime in the summer you can resurrect this cruz again.

gassersteve likes this.
  10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

If it's not going to snow on our asses, yes!

49Flatty likes this.
  11. RodStRace

RodStRace

Just got home (work closed early).
    The roads were passible, but the dirt driveway with 4" was interesting with the 20s and 2WD!
    Just confirming that you don't want to be up here if you don't have to...
    Better to schedule a later date for that route.

gassersteve likes this.
  12. mopacltd

mopacltd

It's starting to snow again here. I didn't venture out of the house once today.

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'm up! 1931fordtruck is on his way up to town.... Damn it looks cold out!

14. Vet65te

Vet65te

There's still a few inches of snow where we are northwest of Prescott and my rather long and steep driveway sorta resembles a ski-jump right now. As CalGasser said, hope you guys try again later in the year to come on up to Prescott. See you then.
    Mike T - Prescott AZ

15. Chip was a trooper, battling the cold.

Attached Files:

16. The ride went very well. The weather was chilly for some! I had a blast. I want to thank chip, steve, and the others for letting me and the wife tag along.

Attached Files:

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nah, you're lying... It should have read "Chip bitched and complained about the cold like a pre-pubescent girl..."! See, I fixed it for ya! Been in a boiling hot tub for the last hour and I can finally feel my toes. Did get this though - DSC02429.JPG

Muttley likes this.
  18. Thanks to all that made the cruise. I had a great time and a good burger even though they cook them all well done. I might try that el grande next year.

19. Brentphx

Brentphx

Work wouldn't cooperate this am, would've loved to join up for the cruise. I'll definitely keep my eyes open for the next cruise thread... Maybe Prescott will be good this spring. I'll be sure to get the day off ahead of time!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

need louvers ? likes this.
  20. Hey Chip is that white salt rock in the background:D

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sure... Ya, if you say so...:D

22. Great backdrop....how about some more pics. Cars and landscape. Thanks Tim

23. More pics.

Attached Files:

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

You guys are going to have to rely on 1931fordtruck for more pictures, as my camera didn't focus very well for most of what I and Keith shot. When I really slowed down like for the glamor shot above, all went well. Quick stuff, blurrrrrrrrrrry. Could have been my shaking hands though, too!

25. 55Belairman

55Belairman

Boy this a nice car in so many ways.

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks man! I love my beater, but I'm always amazed at how much better it photographs that it actually looks in real life.

27. If only humans were like that.

28. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I only took one picture all day...

Attached Files:

29. mopacltd

mopacltd

I still have not left the house, but at least some of the snow has melted off a few of the boulder around the homestead.