Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1960 Holden roof chop complete

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ceegrey, May 27, 2011.

1. ceegrey

ceegrey

The 31/8" chop on our 1960 FB Holden station wagon was completed this weekend. We tried something quite different with this one, instead of a conventional chop and windscreen lowering job we elected to lower the dash and firewall as a unit to give the impression of a more modern vehicle with the hideaway wipers etc.
    :)

2. ceegrey

ceegrey

Photos on my album

3. Pics please

4. IbmokNegawsklov

IbmokNegawsklov

Thats sweet ! How did you go with the dog leg in the front door ? Not the easiest roof in the world to chop either. Nice work.

5. Stick the pics on this thread.
    Too lazy to go looking for them.

kiwijeff likes this.
  6. peter johnson

peter johnson

Looks tops,standard seat may look better,or at least lose the headrests,will love to see it finished!

7. Ditch the seats, standard ones reupholstered would look great! the chop looks cool!

8. early model

early model
    from Australia

Album?? Vynal?.....like a record?. Please put the pic's in this thread or i'll be looking for them all day.
    Sounds great.

kiwijeff likes this.
  9. slammed

slammed

10. slammed

slammed

11. Looking great, can't wait to see the finished car.

12. sololobo

sololobo

Great lookin chop on the cool wagon. I have a little wagon fetish my self. Rock on ~sololobo~

Attached Files:

13. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

cool car, very ugly seats, they look gigantic in there need something with no headrest maybe some early mustang bucket seats or something

14. OK I give up. How do you get to this "album"?....... All I got was a couple of pictures from SLAMMED.
    I've always liked FB/ek's but always thought they were abit "top heavy".
    What are you going to do for front glass?

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

click on his name and the album is listed on the left side of the page.

Looks really nice from what we can see, need some good side on pics though. Man tough job that you have done some seriously nice metalwork on.

Doc.

16. Man really interesting chop. Subscribed, post progress pics please!

17. ceegrey

ceegrey

Been away for a bit, laid up for some time but it is great to be able to do a little more on the wagon. With a lot of help from friends I have been able to trial fit all of the panels and finished the door mods. I have included a series photos to show the method used to lower the door internally to match the dropped A pillar, particularly happy with the 30s Ford Tudor look on the front doors. The trick was to keep the door hinges in their original plosition and also the rear mounting plates for the front guard. Lowered the rear of the wagon 31/4" and the front 31/2" that allowed me to get a taper on to the front window frames and opically keep the roof looking flat and horizontal I am using a stock windscreen and with the weight of the engine tranny etc it should rake at 5 degrees. After a little searching and modification I was able to find and fit an original Chrysler speedo to the standard FB instrument panel that matches the 727 transmission and BW 28 spline rear end gearing thus there is no need for special gears or adapters for the speedo and all standard parts fit.. Purchased a 32 circuit right hand drive wiring loom complete from Rebel Wire of Tennesee, it worked really well, the installation was completed in a couple of days and everything worked.

Attached Files:

18. ceegrey

ceegrey

Collected some photos together of the method used to relocated the dog leg in the A pillar.

Attached Files:

19. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

Wow! Very cool chop

20. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

very interesting ...

21. ceegrey

ceegrey

Here are a few more shots of the continueing work on the FB. Work on the firewall area has been on and off for some time but is now complete. The photos cover the beginning with a very rusty firewall and scuttles the the installation of a 74 Chrysler (Plymouth) firewall.

Attached Files:

22. ceegrey

ceegrey

Can't believe how long it has been since I logged on, but we have made some more headway with the FB Kustom wagon the rear end is now complete and the underside of the car is in its final finish. I hope to have the front end complete and the engine, transmission and drive line permanently installed this weekend.

Attached Files:

23. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Very sanitary underside!