Register now to get rid of these ads!

SCAM ALERT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slickmick, Dec 8, 2014.

1. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Try this one on as listed on Good Guys Classifieds Ad.# 6395, Running and driving finished 32 Ford Steel 3-W for sale in CA for $21,500. This car was recently advertised and sold on the HAMB for around $55. K.

2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I agree. It may be a good deal but not over the top good. IMO....

3. Now that is just a Good Guy trying to give someone a good deal. :rolleyes::D

I was just going by the condition of the car I posted and the prices I have been seeing as of late.

4. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Ha Ha !! I wish I could find a GOOD GUY like that.

5. slickmick

slickmick

Come on guys........
    I thought there would be at least one HAMB member in the Ashtabula area that would check out this crook for me....

Dave50 likes this.
  6. Check the obits over there... maybe someone did "check him out"....

7. He tried to get me to ship items to him, then when I said pay and then I'll ship them, he said the check was in the mail, I said I'll ship when the check clears. He stopped contacting me and the check never showed. That was Craigslist also, but someone by the name 43willys is in Ashtabula, not sure if it's the same guy, but if he isnt, he may know where this guy is.

8. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks for the heads up slickmick.. You putting this out there may get him caught and the right guy may get this from his area and help out.

9. slickmick

slickmick

I can't believe that there is not at least one HAMB member in the Ashtabula area that would check out this crook, not only for me, but for anyone else that this jerk has scammed....

10. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

you want to hear something else............. there is several crooks from out in that area.. one of them is on the hamb.. i have reported him several times, no one does anything any more. he has been banned 3 times before hand and he keeps creating new names.. and now they are aware of him and still nothing is being done.. sad thing is, i met him face to face, several times...... . i gave up on trying to make it known to moderators.. , as shitty as that is to say.... if i cant buy it in cash or if they are not an alliance member, i usually try to stay away.

11. 34ratrodder

34ratrodder

PNB I know the guy from Rochester,Mn and he good on his word.

12. AshtabulaSheriff

AshtabulaSheriff

My name is Deputy Matthew Johns and I am an investigator for the sheriff's office in John Kirk's county. I currently have an open investigation into John Kirk and have spoken to many people who have reportedly been scammed by him, via fraudulent classified ads. I have spoken with a special agent from the Cleveland Office of the United States Postal Inspector and am trying to gather as much evidence and information against Kirk as possible. If you or any of your site's members have repsonded to one of Kirk's ads and subsequently sent Kirk funds, only to find that his phone number is no longer in service, please let me know.

The information that we currently need is all details related the the transfer of the funds, such as what method they were sent (Postal Money Order, Western Union, Money Gram, Etc.), tracking numbers from the transfers, what address funds were mailed to, and phone numbers that Kirk used.

I interviewed Kirk this week and he has denied any knowledge or involvment in the scam. Therefore, we need to gather our evidence and make our case in order to put an end to his scam. We beleive that many people have been scammed for thousands of dollars by Kirk.

Feel free to contact the Ashtabula County Sheriff's Office to verify who I am, and spread the word that if anyone was scammed out of miney by Kirk, I would like to hear from them.

Respectfully,

Deputy Matthew B. Johns #425
    Ashtabula County Sheriff's Office
    25 West Jefferson Street
    Jefferson, Ohio 44047
    Phone 440-576-0055

Hotrodmyk, bambbrose, Saxman and 3 others like this.
  13. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Wow

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. i know him too and he is for real. he is not really a new member with his first post , for some reason he had to rejoin

good.....i see now a Sheriff has jumped into this

15. Kudos to the Ashtabula Sheriffs Dept.
    Hang him high with a short rope

Dick Stevens likes this.
  16. nh-lead-man

nh-lead-man

Pay him a visit with the law have him arrested on the spot, for theft of services! F___UM

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

keep this going to help get info for the investigation

18. Hell yeah! Go get 'em Deputy Johns!!

19. Thanks for the alert.

20. joseph.peter.carter@us.ar

[email protected]
    from USA

Here is a winning story for you guys. A friend of mine station with me at Ft Bragg, NC, purchase a tailgate for a 1956 Nomad off of E-Bay from a guy in El Paso, TX (maglite, or something like that). The person had high rating and done a lot of business. My buddy won the bid, and as the rules go, sent funds to cover the cost of the tailgate and the shipping. Well the guy strung him along for over the 30 day grace period and stop answering his communication efforts. My buddy did some great investigating and obtain the guy's phone number and address and gave the guy a call on the phone, but really didn't get anywhere, except that the guy said that he is going to relist the tailgate and if my buddy didn't win, he would refund him the money paid. The excuse given, was that he posted the tailgate under the heading of "rear hatch" (which is true) and my buddy was the only bidder. While looking for the item to re-appear on E-Bay, my buddy saw another tailgate being posted from a person in GA. Well he won that bid, and the guy from GA, drop it off at the base on his way north, plus gave him a few other parts. Fast forward 8 months, we both go TDY to Red River Army Depot, TX, opposite side of the state from El Paso, and a long drive in the rental car, that we were given. Well with 3 days off, we made it to the trailer park, where the guy live, and asked if he had a tailgate for a Nomad for sale, he took us over to his shop (which could have been a bad move on our part), which was loaded with rough cast alum. parts and other car parts to include a tailgate for a Nomad. My buddy told the guy who he was and we left with the tailgate. I would not recommend this course of action to anyone, but it did work out in this case. If I had know the story before we left, I might of done things differently. So, watch out for maglite on E-Bay.

21. It's Meg Lite an he's a known crook

22. Thanks
    I didn't mention his name because I didn't know for sure and didn't want to actually bad mouth someone without knowing. The car is cool but the price as compared to what I have been seeing made me wonder.

I have been compiling a lost of future easy projects, just in case my Willys sells. Affordable and not a major undertaking, something I can slam an engine in a drive. That one is high on my list, and now I know from a fello HAMBer.

You're alright, thanks for chiming in.

23. slickmick

slickmick

Thank you Deputy Johns!
    I will be getting in touch with you today and providing copies of my documentation on this fraud issue.

AshtabulaSheriff likes this.
  24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

^^^^ not sure how long ago the above ebay tailgate story took place but if you are a buyer and get ripped off on ebay these days you really need to pay more attention to the rules. Paypal is the buyers best friend and sellers worst enemy.

25. slickmick

slickmick

Just to bring everyone up to speed on the latest of this scam.
    I spoke with the Ashtabula, OH police dept. Detective Johns and provided him with my part of how it went down, along with USPS postal tracking numbers.
    If any other HAMB members have had any dealings with this John Kirk, please contact Detective Johns,and help to keep another crook off the street!

26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Hang in there!!!!!!!!!

27. slickmick

slickmick

Latest update:
    Detective Johns of the Ashtabula, OH police department called me yesterday to give me the latest on this fraud by John Kirk.
    He finally admitted to scamming several people out of thousands of dollars and will be doing some serious time.
    Thanks again Detective Johns for getting this scammer off the street.
    And thanks to the HAMB for this public forum to help to keep us informed.....

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  28. HtRdLcn

HtRdLcn

^^^ Heck Yeah!!! ^^^

29. junk

junk

Sweet! Glad to see a crook get caught.

30. Now if everyone pushes for retribution that would just be the frosting on the cake.

Becoming someone's sissy is bad being a sissy in the joint without any money is worse.

Again thanks to the fellas that stepped up clearing my questions on that coupe as well.