Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Who has channeled 49-54 chevy ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PsychoBill, Apr 19, 2014.

1. PsychoBill

PsychoBill

I have a 52 chevy styleline. The entire floor needs to pretty much be replaced along with some cross braces. I'm thinking of just going ahead and channeling the body but haven't seen anybody that has on this particular model. Anybody out here that has? Just looking for some pics I'm pretty sure I know the process.

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

get one of these. it looks good in the picture.

saw them on the ebay.

Attached Files:

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wonder if they have the same thing for the trunk?

4. I'd want to be more than pretty sure before I tore into it;)

5. PsychoBill

PsychoBill

Id really like to see some pics of people channeling any cars similar to this style.
    What size tubing would be best for the floor bracing?

6. i am in the process of making a floor in my 52 i used 1x2x1/8 and relived the under side and was still overkill a friend had hats made out of 16 gauge which he installed flange up and channelled the car over the thickness of the frame

7. PsychoBill

PsychoBill

That's what I was thinking about using

8. Low Flying A

Low Flying A

I'm a little late joining this topic but I'm in the same boat now. My floor is toast and I wondered about channeling the floor vs buying new. I looked into the one piece deals -1000 bucks+200 to ship. Nice product and maybe the best route. Not to cheap out but I was curious too what challenges people who've gone the channel route encountered.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. verde742

verde742

If there is an EZ part, its the body, but fitting front end, grille will test ya, show progress, I am excited to see the action..

10. did you do the floor? i use 3 sheets of 4x8 18 gauge used a bead roller to add ribs for strength