Register now to get rid of these ads!

Halibrand 12" midget wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ringleader, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Ringleader

Ringleader
    Alliance Vendor

I've got a friend that wants to sell a pair of Halibrand magnesium Culver City 12" midget wheels.... what are they worth?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

2. Post 'em on the vintage midget thread. You'll have plenty of interest. In the early 90's they were worth around $200 each. They are only getting scarcer.

3. 296ardun

296ardun

I paid $36 for a new pair in '62, to run on the dragster in my avatar...not many dragsters ran them (Bobby Langley, Nick VanWagner), but they were cheaper than wires and I was pumping gas for a living...(obviously worth a lot more now)

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

When did they change to the four pin drive? Most early Midget wheels used the six pin that was based on the 26-27 Ford brake drum that was used with a Sears rim to make the wheels. Bob

5. Ringleader

Ringleader
    Alliance Vendor

That's what confused me is that they were 4 bolt not 6 pin... I'm not sure when or why they did but I'm sure there's a reason....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

If they are on a 4 inch circle, they were probably used on a T.Q. midget. Crosley axles were commonly used on the T.Q.s and they were 4 on 4 I believe.