Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods why put those good parts on that T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by boo, Dec 26, 2014.

1. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

ever have someone ask, why use those good parts on a mdl. T? CAUSE I HAVE THEM AND MY KIDS DONT WANT THEM. building a nice alabama barn find 27-T cpe, chopped 5''. parts questioned..old mordrop axil, orig edlbrock block ltr. heads, orig slingshot int mnfld, 39 lincoln trans. gearbox, columbia od rear, 39 lincoln teardrop tail lights. hey, i might as well use them, this is probly my last flthead build and the kids will just scrap them,

Thaplumbr and low-n-slo54 like this.
  2. 55willys

55willys

Hey why not have some fun with some vintage parts? Isn't that what its all about anyway? Sounds good got some pics?
    Jim Ford

3. "Because I can"
    Usually this be my first reply when someone feels the need to share their opinion of my work, but I really enjoy thinking up new, smart assed answers for em too.
    :D

4. 80WTI

80WTI

Hater's are always going to hate, do what you want and what makes you happy, good luck with the build.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

We need photos, I've always loved the look of 26-27 T's. Bob

6. desotot

desotot

Pics pics pics...

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Picture, or it never happent. :D

8. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Geezzz...I can't think of anything better to put them on myself!!! I say go for it!

9. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Can't imagine "someone" even saying that like just because its a T its a lesser car or something. They all can't be Model A's or 32's.

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Because they are yours.

11. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

If the have to ask, they would not understand !!!

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Right, because they are yours and Model T hot rods are as cool as any other hot rods.
    Now,
    Wurthless (2).jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. What they all said! HRP

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. indyjps

indyjps

Use them, let's see them. Get it all up and running and having fun, you can always swap them to some other car if you ever feel like it. Spare parts build always seem more fun anyway, your spare parts are just really good ones.

15. I always try to turn the conversation to Mr. Opinionated's car and where it is. 9 times out of 10 it isn't where it can be seen! (as in figment of his imagination)

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

i'm stuck in the 50's when it coms to posting pix. will try to get help to post, i have been taking pix as i go. 4'' mordrop axl, 40 ford steering box, extended mdl.A split bones, 18'' wires ft.,16'' in rear, columbia w/4.11 rear, 39 linc gr.box w/48 grs. 48 truck petals, 51 8ba eng w/slngshot man, blk ltr. heads ,headers, cutdown radiator, rad. shell made frm. farmall gas tank. 27 T coupe chopped 5'' front 1/2 of a model A frame. just finished putting in the metal floor, today made rear shock mounts. can't get much done this time of year.

26 T Ford RPU and volvobrynk like this.
  17. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Do it I can picture all those kool parts and it will be a kool rod.

26 T Ford RPU and volvobrynk like this.
  18. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I still dont understand the question?

Its a forum about hot rods. You dont need a good reason to put good parts on a model T! You need a good frame to your good parts on, and Bingo you get a Model T!! :cool:

You dont need to convince us about your corse, you had my at parts, and T. :D

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  19. With all these cool parts you have, this is a budget build and I love these when cool old stuff is used, plus on a T!!!
    Hangin out for those pics,all sounds so cool. JW