Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What front disc brake kit to use--F-100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1955 F-100 guy, Dec 23, 2014.

1. 1955 F-100 guy

1955 F-100 guy
    from NE Pa

Who has installed a front disc brake kit on their 1953-56 Ford F-100, did you use Speedway motors or other vendors, your thoughts on the kit quality and stopping results over the original drums--- Thanks

2. oldsman41

oldsman41

I put a speedway kit on a buddy of mine 55 pickup it didn't stop real well before I put it on so it was a real improvement he was happy with it. quality is what you would expect from a 250 dollar kit ive also done other kits for way more dollars that were about the same quality. so you have the choice.

3. FTF

FTF

Here's a speedway kit under a 62 F-100. Works great good quality. Ford 007.JPG

4. uc4me

uc4me

I installed the speedway kit on my 55 and was happy with the performance until the sand leftover from casting the rotor shook loose and munched the wheel bearing and spindle. replaced everything (made sure to smack the rotor a few times before installation this time) and its all good

5. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

FTF, the light blue FE engine with matching air filter element looks pretty slick. Is that a paper filter, or K&N style? Not wild about the ugly corrugated hose, even though there were a lot of them used. I sold hundreds of them when I worked in a Chevron station as a kid. Will the truck color match the engine?

6. belair

belair

I have used Speedway FDB conversion kits on all my old Chevys. No complaints on quality and no comparison on stopping. I always just go with manual, not power brakes. And I hate to tell you, but your SBC is mounted backwards.

7. 1955 F-100 guy

1955 F-100 guy
    from NE Pa

Got it all done with the Speedway Motors kit, very happy with quality parts and customer service--
    ---IT STOPS GREAT NOW, SUPER INVESTMENT--Thanks for all the help and advice----

Attached Files: