Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical question on 47 ford pu to 41

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostone, Dec 22, 2014.

1. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

hey gents, been busy for awhile but finally made it back!
    Bought my 14 yr old son a 47 ford p.u. body and we have been putting it on a 2x3 tube frame with a mII front end and a crown vic 8.8 rear.
    We now have the cab mounts built and cab mounted to the frame. Now my son wants to run a 40-41 front end and i have but 1 question on doing this, is the front axle center to cab measurements the same between the 40-41 to 47's ? Or am i going to have to cut off my cab mounts and reposition the cab in order to make sure the front tires are centered in the front wheel wells?
    My son already has this thing built in his head and now he said no bucket seats, he wants a folding front seat so he can put his compound bow behind it so next i will be narrowing a later model folding bench seat to fit...
    Kids... what are ya gonna do ? :)

2. Just tagging on to hear what they say.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. fat141

fat141

4. Bubba1955

Bubba1955

5. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. No clue on the front end but about the seat & the bow. Going back to my youth when about all I did was drive old trucks & such and did a lot of bowhunting it was the thing back then to have a set of those hook style gun racks across the back window to prowdly display your bow. Being a bowhunter was & still is something to be prowd of so showing the bow back then was the thing to do. I would not do that as a permanent way to carry or store the bow but just for the trips to & from hunting or the range it will not harm the bow.
    Either way he does it there is plenty of room (unless there is a behind the seat gas tank) as the newer compound bows are very short compared to older bows.
    Good luck with the build, it sounds neat. Jimmie

6. exterminator

exterminator

My cab on my truck is a 47 on a 40 frame.Worked fine.

7. Should be able to use a minivan bench seat in there as is(no sectioning) Just find one that folds or flips forward to access the storage.

8. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Thanks guys, i will check into the mini van seat. On the bow, yeah he wants to put it behind seat that way he can take it to school and not have people freak out ( hell i remember when we would have rifles hanging in our back glasses at school).
    Great news on the cab location, i was really worried the fender tire well locations mite be different. I hate doing things twice. Thanks to all of you !