Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show your Old Technical publications

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CB_Chief, Dec 15, 2014.

1. I like old tech manuals and collect a few when I can afford them. I'll start off with one of my favorites. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1418654066.532017.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1418654088.381215.jpg

The stamp reads Douglas Aircraft Company, Oklahoma City Plant.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Not sure if these are exactly what you're after, but here's a few of the collection I have.
    Mechanic's Handbooks issued by Ford of Canada spanning 1955-1960.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(Shameless plug, they're all for sale :D)

3. image.jpg image.jpg Here's most of mine, factory shop manuals, service bulletins, dealer part counter books, motors, chiltons etc image.jpg image.jpg

stillrunners likes this.
  4. Those are what I'm talking about. The one I posted gives instructions on forming cone shapes (think propeller hub) from flat stock along with other stuff.

Metal smithing, or about any other cool books relating to our hobby interest me.

5. damn....all your stuff together....hell....my spread out between places and cars.....and....here's one of my Ford truck parts books.... PICT0001.JPG

6. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

20141216_145552.jpg 20141216_142206.jpg 20141216_142023.jpg 20141216_141934.jpg Would love a library with all those reference goodies just for the sake of it, whether or not I'd use them is another question. Some of mine aren't technical publications however I thought others might like what I have amassed. Anyway here is my 46 Olds collection collected over time. I've also been lucky to locate hard to get other OEM installation instructions and templates, again I'll never use them but great to have due to rarity.

7. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got quite a few, but for some reason, this is one of my favorites.........

[​IMG]

8. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Somebody start scanning that stuff!!!

That's what I'd like to see.:D

9. I actually decided to start getting rid of some of my old manuals. I received all of my grandfather's old manuals from his service garage he had back in the 50's. The manuals can be a good reference, I do use them for occasional reference and am saving the ones that apply to my specific vehicles. However, it is time to move the rest of them on to others. Funny coincidence, I had the exact same 1949 Chilton's Motor Age Flat Rate and Service Manual that mgtstumpy showed in one of his pics.
    Not trying to be too self-serving, but I recently had a bunch listed in HAMB classifieds. Several still left, and have a bunch more I need to get pictures and put up for sale. The good thing is since the manuals are mostly for 20's-50's cars, it is all HAMB type vehicles that are covered.

10. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

I like the old manuals, and they are a good source of reference when servicing these old cars. I have the usual collection of Motors Manuals, back to 1942, it's interesting to see the specs on orphan cars of the 30's. I have a nice 1940 Plymouth Parts book. But my favorites are these two little FirePower booklets with all the info explaining Chrysler's new Hemi Engine in 1951.

Attached Files:

11. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is a couple. I know they are not in great shape. But that's the way I found them.

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
  12. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1419214934.065841.jpg
    I found this one in a box of electricians tools. I like the title.