Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods A cold drive in the coupe...Merry Christmas Everyone!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32 Spitfire, Dec 19, 2014.

1. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Yesterday afternoon as the Sugarcreek business association asked me to bring in my coupe in to Sugarcreek for a photo shoot. It was 30 degrees and snow flurries. I had my heater on in the building hours before leaving but was nervous starting the hemi and driving in six miles...and no heat in the coupe! It ran well in and back but I took my time. They said a couple photos but when I got there and saw the professional photographer all set up I knew it would be awhile. An hour and a half later they were done and I headed down to the local pub to try to thaw out a little ...I was the only one there last evening but that hamburger and brew never tasted any better. The last photo I'm warming up the "Baby Hemi" before heading home.

Merry Christmas to everyone and God Bless!
    32 Spitfire
    P1000157.JPG P1000170.JPG

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/street-rodder-features-my-32-coupe.945829/#post-10640018

2. Do you get to show any from the shoot? Should be good.

3. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

What size hemi? Any pics of the engine to the firewall

4. opunui

opunui
    from Honolulu

Happy Holidays to you as well. Awesome looking car.

5. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Merry Christmas to you! That's a tough looking coupe!

6. Nice coupe! I hope to get mine out this week if it does not snow. Merry Christmas!

7. Sweet looking coupe.
    I may fire up my banger and take a spin through town Christmas day. Plans are for a politically incorrect MERRY CHRISTMAS sign across the rumble seat lid.
    Merry Christmas to all you HAMBERS.

timwhit likes this.
  8. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Nice looking coupe spitfire. Still have the roadster? That one would have been the cold ride.:D
    I would imagine that hemi would warm your cab up some. Looks like Santa brought you a new toy. Yes I know your building buddy Doug Frautschy. Great guy. We bench race when he's in town. Seen his latest project last year a Foreign track car. He always buys the smallest cars to set his long frame into. :)
    Merry Christmas. Rick

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  9. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Great looking coupe! Merry Christmas to you.

10. Merry Christmas 32 Spitfire. Awesome looking coupe. My wife and I get to Sugarcreek/Walnut Creek/Berlin a couple times each year. Love the area!

Jim

11. smoked1

smoked1

Nice Hot Rod! Maybe you will get a heater for Christmas? Merry Christmas to you also!

12. Ladyhrp took my truck to do a photo op at her flower shop yesterday,,it wasn't snowing but it was cold. HRP

[​IMG]

13. C'mon Danny, it doesn't get cold in S.C.:D.....Okay, maybe in the "upstate".:)

14. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Texas Webb, ...I'll try to get a couple. He spent a long time with different lighting effects.

Robert Jam,.....Its a 1955 Dodge Red Ram 270 "Baby Hemi" with Ross 10/1 pistons and a Racer Brown Cam with two 94's on top.
    (Photo below)

Opunui, Chevy 54 Man, ctl32 ford, Hotrodmyk, smoked, .....Thanks a bunch!

Petejoe, Yes still have the 1932 Ford Roadster "Spitfire" ..we had it on the road a lot this summer....cool car to drive! (photo below from this fall warming her up)
    Yes my good friend Doug is the real brains on the coupe. I'm just the laborer ...he can build a great engine, wire and even align an ole car with a string and nail! On the down side he can really eat a big lunch...ha! That's why during the coupe build I went to hot dogs and beans at High Noon Speed Shop!

The Hot Rod Grille......touch base when your heading up this way!

HORODPRIMER....sweet truck and nice photo!

Merry Christmas & God Bless,
    32 Spitfire
    DSC01662.JPG P1000119.JPG DSC01808.JPG

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/mission-accomplished.502413/#post-5555229

kiwijeff likes this.
  15. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Hi 32 spitfire.And a Merry Christmas to you too.And to all H.A.M.B.ers world wide.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

16. Looks like you had a fun time, just try to stay warm! I like the pic in front of the pub, with the exhaust condensation steam.

17. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fine looking coupe. merry xmas

18. Love the coupe....having a top and window is sure a plus! Tim

19. j3harleys

j3harleys

Its not snowing here right now but my coupe ain't going anywhere soon 20141218_180149.jpeg

20. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Very cool hemi-powered Deuce coupe.

21. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Thanks...... woodbutcher, 38Chevy454, bostonhemi, timwhit and ss34coupe!

Merry Christmas and God Bless!

32 Spitfire- High Noon Speed Shop

22. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Nice ride , Spitfire . Cool photo-op !
    As usual - sweet truck , HRP !
    Your coupe rocks too , J3Harleys ... engine swap ?

23. Slopok

Slopok

The White firewall with the White interior just looks so right.