Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My idea of Hot Rot heaven, Friends collection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cowtown Speed Shop, Dec 17, 2014.

1. As a fan of model 40's that is an awesome collection.

2. ROBRAM

ROBRAM

3. ROBRAM

ROBRAM

Thanks for posting. That's my kind of stuff!

4. scotts52

scotts52

Thanks for sharing these pictures and thank your friend for saving all of those. He was out buying and saving them when everyone else was just seeing them as junk.

5. Mercman4life

Mercman4life

Can you imagine the stories all those cars could tell?

6. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Can you let us know when he is ready to start selling??

7. I just realized, my car looks like it came from there!
    I wonder...
    Maybe it is Heaven!!

Hookedtrout and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. JimSibley

JimSibley

I would live to get ahold of the worst of the worst out there or even the pieces and scraps. Man that is so cool.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

Great pics,Cowtown! Thanks for sharing. And tell your friend Thanks! for letting us into his world for a peek...

clem and Hookedtrout like this.
  10. TexasDart

TexasDart

come on now....won't he sell me at least one of them Pacers. The man is a visionary!

11. You won't tell us where it is? And I had my heart set on getting that Pacer out of there.

Ha...

Looks like I should read the entire thread before posting, someone else had the same bright idea.

12. Blase

Blase

Awesome. Thanks for posting. I agree that is a hot rodding heaven right there. You buddy is a lucky guy.

13. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Out of my own curiosity, other than rescuing all that great tin, what does he hope to do with it? BILL RINALDI

14. just reflecting.....
    Some guys just need stuff around them to feel good.
    Other guys need to drive something to feel good.

King ford likes this.
  15. Cowtown, is your friend on the HAMB? If not, you need to introduce him to this site. Another prolific rod builder would be a welcome addition here.

16. 296ardun

296ardun

Thanks for posting!! I'm never sure what to think when I see stuff like this...I certainly respect anyone's right to collect old cars, but it's hard seeing them out in the open, deteriorating...I hope that somehow these rare pieces of metal become available to the right people to make them into hot rods (or restore them, for the non-hot rod fodder he collects).

17. Zerk

Zerk

Makes me happy that somebody saved 'em. One day I'll see one or all of them on wheels with engines, until then thanks to you and your friend for sharing with the HAMB.

kiwijeff, Jimmy B and King ford like this.
  18. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

No he is way too busy working in his shop...He has spent a big part of his life helping people with their Projects. As I said for the most part he is in his shop working on projects 6 days a week. Bright and early to the end of the day...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  19. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I know this is hard to understand, But The right person has them now!

20. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Wow. Incredible collection.

21. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Thanks for sharing..and the owner is not "lucky" he had a vision and probably sacrificed many things most of us take for granted,probably not much of a house, maybe never married,that seems to be the pattern with anybody this obsessive ....and as to the tin that's rusting at least it's not a fuckin Hyundai !

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. 80WTI

80WTI

I can't believe he painted all them fibreglass bodies to look like patina, just kiddin and tell your mate he has a great collection.

23. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

Great collection! I would like to see some photos of those (boring) "High end" cars next time you are out there@

24. jamesgr81

jamesgr81

Great collection. Gotta love a guy that can keep all that stuff and has a sense of humor. Didn't I see an AMC Pacer in there with all that iron?

25. TexasDart

TexasDart

A Pacer...will just call it an 'All' window coupe.

26. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

There is probably a half a dozen pacers there and a couple of gremlins....there is alot of other types of cars there that I don't give a rats ass about. I forgot to mention and was going to take pics of them before my cam died, But there is 4 or 5 1933-34 plymonth Coupes outside as well. As I said these few pics I was able to get does not do his collection justice...Just Wait until I am able to show you the good stuff!!.....

27. bct

bct

looking forward to it cowtown . thanks . its a shame that you need a two paragraph disclaimer to show us some ones collection . but that's the internet/hamb

28. lucky ink

lucky ink

speechless....:D

29. prpmmp

prpmmp

I think your friend needs his head examined!!! He's F#$king nuts!! He needs therapy immediately,long long sessions!! I will gladly come over to keep a eye on his collection:eek:!!Thanks for the tour!!! Pete