Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

It's been a bit quiet in here lately.
    Was looking for an image and came across this shot. Tony, is there something you haven't been telling me about The Last Grasp Special?

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  2. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1418457924.540511.jpg
    This one is for Tony as well....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Is like a ghost town in here.
    Dug a couple more interesting (?) images.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  4. Hey Whodaky it appears it's just up to us for now to keeping sharing images, here is a pic of some new 1/18 diecast 'A' model roadsters I have just got last week. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1418552467.718740.jpg

5. Not a lot to add from me but this is the last two months or so spent fighting with the roadster. Radiator leaks, sorting out spark and fuel delivery issues. Looks like I'm winning now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Found a steel disc floating around the dissy, it came from the base of the points adjusting screw. Pictured near the screwdriver end.
    [​IMG]
    So now its sort of sorted I've been able to give it more of a run. These some may have seen as they are from Corey and Wayne's run.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And these last lot a from the Friday just past as it was the monthly Cruise not at John's Rod and Custom.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Johns Rod & Custom and 509garyd like this.
  6. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

I'm in love with the powder blue Aussie 5 window ! Can anyone share some historical detail ?

7. Hey Luke or Dean can you share the details about the coupe? I know you have told me all about it but best it comes from you guys...

8. The Blue Aussie '34 was the one that Shawry found at the wrecking yard in Fraqnkston and traded a Customline for it in the 70's, After Shawry passed away we ended up buying it from Shawry Jnr,
    Unfortunately I was not able to find any photos from when we first bought the car,

Here is the coupe after we put the chassis on the jig and squared it all up
    Channelled34Coupe7.jpg

As the Coupe looks now
    Channelled34Coupe1.JPG
    Channelled34Coupe2.JPG
    Channelled34Coupe3.JPG

Here's a shot with out the bonnet for people that way inclined
    Channelled34Coupe6.JPG

Here it next to our channelled '32 5 window
    ChannelledCoupes2.JPG

9. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Gary D your support is greatly appreciated.
    Devilrod, they were a great bunch of shots. I have seen them elsewhere I think. But they suit this thread down to a tee. I had to have a quick play with some of them. I hope you don't mind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Luke thanks for giving a bit of background on the Aussie 5W. It is a great looking hot rod as is all the stuff you guys are doing. I know Tina and John are above watching over you all. And they would be so proud of you guys. I think everyone that has watched you guys grow from childhood to become great young men and hot rodders are also very proud of you guys.
    I had a play with a one of the images. I had to chop the 5W window to see what it would look like. I know a chopped/channeled Aussie 5W isn't strictly traditional in the Aussie sense, but I think it looks good!

Geoff aka whodkay

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  10. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

And here's one for Tony, just another to mess with his head.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

509garyd likes this.
  11. Don't mind at all Geoff!
    Here's two more I took which could have the same treatment. First one not so cropped of a previous shot. Second a newie.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  12. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

hi Luke,
    thankyou for sharing the history of your coupe. I truly like everyhting you are doing with it and admire individualism in design and application. So Good to see some of the old timey Aussie hot rod look being replicated today but i like your rendition so much because it blends a bit of that East Coast grille / axle treatment very tastefully !!
    Very Very Very Cool

13. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Was working on the pickup up on the hoist today.
    When I was finished decided to put some lines on the hoist. This is the first of many I am sure!

[​IMG]

Although I have been decorating it to disguise it to a degree ( if that is possible ).

[​IMG]

This evening I decided to get the brushes out again and did some striping on Tony's' Fip Choose' sign.

[​IMG]

Lastly is a simple sculpture I did a s a present for my sister's recent birthday. She named him, Georgie!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

fuzzybear likes this.
  14. Good stuff man. Love the striping.

sent via classroom note. pass it on

15. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks Mitch.
    So this morning I got some music happening here in the shed, got the brushes out and finished off the Xmas cards. Each has one of my Santa's helpers 'whodakys'. I don't do as many each year as I once did. Only family and a few very close friends get them these days.
    Next whilst I had the paints out I added to Tony's sign. Tony, I will probably send it down, so you can hang it for the run. I think there are a few Il 'Gorillas' who will get a kick out of seeing it.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  16. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Found another shot from around '59 for Tony!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

509garyd likes this.
  17. Wardog

Wardog

I thought I'd share what I have been up to lately. Tommy I don't know if you got to see my coupe at Nagambie but I have made some changes. I made a one piece bonet and put some 17" wheels and tyres on it. SC20141221-164702-1.jpg

18. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Looking good Wardog. I really like the stock colors. An axle in it to give it a rake and it will be almost perfect. Thanks for showing us what you have been up to.

Geoff aka whodkay

PS. Did a quick photochop. Maybe something like this.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    hipster likes this.
  19. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

SAM_1142.jpg SAM_1140.jpg SAM_1214.jpg Hi Cam,
    i did see your coupe at Nagambie, love it! like the work to the hood mate. Here are some shots of my favourite A Bone coupes from the Lone Star Round Up a couple of years ago to wet the appetite mate!!

20. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

It's still a bit quiet in here. I think Tony has been having computer issues.
    So I thought I had better add a little something.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

So I thought I had better make the setting more like '59. I also decided to drop the front of Gary's coupe a little!

[​IMG]

21. Wardog

Wardog

Thanks for the compliments guys. Geoff I have an old A axel that has been dropped about 2'', In my mind I'd love for it to sit the same as you're photochop. Tommy, Both coupes are at opposite ends of the cool scale for me. The Green one if I'm not mistaken is known as the Texas mincer or some thing to that regard and if it is the car I'm thinking of I've been told you can hear it 2 blocks before you see it! A true street bruiser. The trad A I think is Ryan Cochrans (The HAMB) and a perfect example of a traditional A bone. Like I said, both very different , Both Awesome! Geoff, Garys coupe looks right at home on Tonys lawn. I know he will love that scene. That car means alot to alot of people myself included. Gret work.

22. Not a lot to report on my behalf Geoff, however I don't think I have ever posted this picture of a little old tool box I scored a little time back at a swap meet. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1419245403.549288.jpg

23. And then my latest little find was this original old Castrol GTX oil light sign that is in good working condition. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1419246156.319070.jpg

24. BigJoeArt

BigJoeArt

This thread is awesome! I love the updates on the new 5 window, looks killer with the whitewalls and caps.

The coupe you are refering to is the Austin Mangler, a personal favorite of mine, I have even done a cartoon of it before.

Joe.

25. Wardog

Wardog

Yes. That's it, The Austin Mangler!

26. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Lots of nice cars .....but all of the steering wheels are on the wrong side!

27. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Later on this afternoon I had a bit of time on my hands. So I did something I have been going to do for a couple of weeks, I put a couple of the steel wheels off my '32 5W onto Tony's 5W. Of course I had to mess with a couple of the images also.
    Tony won't know what wheels and tyres he will want to run by the time I have finished!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

509garyd likes this.
  28. Looks Geoff, Merry Christmas and Happy new year to everyone. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1419408910.548337.jpg

29. Wardog

Wardog

SC20141224-214347-1.jpg
    I took my family Christmas light cruising tonight, Merry Christmas.

Outback and 509garyd like this.