Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by milo1303s, Mar 16, 2014.

1. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

DSCF8217.JPG DSCF8222.JPG Took a break from the roadster to werk on the wifes truck.

JimC likes this.
  2. froghawk

froghawk

While shopping this fall I was on the lookout for a source for largish pieces of transparent red plastic for taillights for the '58 Ford. Browsing through the dollar store with my wife looking for Halloween stuff we came upon a shelf of these multicolored piggy banks, including this guy in red. Wow! Enough taillight stock to last a lifetime for a dollar!

Got it home and cut out pieces the same size on each side of the bank so the curvature would be the same and shaped them to fit the taillight housings. Also cut sections from a piece in a vintage Aurora Grill & Trim parts pack to use as "reflectors" that had horizontal bars in spacing similar to the '57 Chrysler grill I had fitted to the Ford. To tunnel the new lights deeply into the light housings I opened up the back of the openings so the lights could be inserted from inside the body.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also cut in the license plate housing AMT forgot in the lower middle of the rear panel above the center of the rear bumper. For these shots I used a rear bumper I modified by raising about a scale inch to more correct height and had replated for another '58 Ford kit. The bumper for this model has been modified in similar fashion. Additionally the bumper bolts have been smoothed off for a cleaner look and the bumper has been polished for replating.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also reinstalled the '57 Chrysler front bumper and grill slightly further back (2 to 3 scale inches) to lose the jutting-lower-jaw look in earlier photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zed, JimC, slack and 1 other person like this.
  3. Lindberg '40 Ford Coupe. (first post using dang smartphone) 20141130_193359-1.jpg

koolkemp and JimC like this.
  4. Great idea. My Mom has one of those. Never thought about using it as tailight lends material.

5. Pretty slow around here especially since it's almost winter. Latest progress update on the AMT '28 "A" I found. Got a hood and interior tub for it in a trade with someone over at T.R.A.K. Using a chrome dropped front axle from a '40 Ford.
    IMG_4847.JPG
    IMG_4849.JPG

BONNEVILLE BOB 95 and JimC like this.
  6. philo426

philo426

7. philo426

philo426

8. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Didn't get anything done as far as building this week. Did shoot some fresh pics though. DSCF8348.JPG DSCF8343.JPG DSCF8311.JPG

9. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

10. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

11. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

12. 34plasticside.jpg 34plasticrear.jpg Chopped and mocked up a 34 in "slap together" fashion just to see what my real 34 will look like.

slack and BONNEVILLE BOB 95 like this.
  13. musclecars

musclecars

been a while since I posted anything,after the '57 Ford Fairlane I started on a '51 Chevy Fleetline and here it is finished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BONNEVILLE BOB 95 likes this.
  14. musclecars

musclecars

This is a drag race hauler using Monograms '50 Ford with the latest Revell release for suspension and motor.Trailer I got at a model car show and swap meet and the Fiat is AMT's Blueprinter Double Dragster kit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JimC and BONNEVILLE BOB 95 like this.
  15. That is really cool musclecars! WOW!

16. musclecars

musclecars

This is where I'm at using Lindberg's '40 Ford Coupe,colors are Duplicolor red primer for the base followed by Color Place flat black and used Testors 1 coat clear.Tires are parts box and the wheels are from the Modelhaus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. musclecars

musclecars

Thanks Mike,is that your coupe in your avatar ? If it is I love it man

18. yea. Thats my bad girl! LOL. Thanks man.

19. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Froghawk, I think you have started an amazing extra project without realizing it! You are well on your way to a sectioned custom pig, and once you get the sectioning done tunneling the eyes will give it that sinister look...

20. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Nice werk musclecars. Where are you finding all of those chrome reverses?

21. wisdonm

wisdonm

B Bob, what wheels are on that Riviera, please.

22. musclecars

musclecars

I get them from The Modelhaus,they have them from regular depth to deep dish,you can get them chromed or non-chromed.

23. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Those are the "Boranis" that come with the Rivi but without the knockoffs. And thanks musclecars. I'll hafta add those to my wishlist for Modelhaus. It keeps growing n growing n growing.....

24. fat141

fat141

Musclecars, good shit there mate, thank you
    Bigbore, you aint late and your work looks first class
    Cheers
    Rod

Merry Christmas to all fellow modellers
    Rod

bigbore1934 likes this.
  25. BONNEVILLE BOB 95 likes this.
  26. Built from the newly reissued Monogram "Blue Bandido" kit. Revell '37 Ford truck provided the flathead. Resin '36 Studebaker wheels are from Replicas & Miniatures Co. of Maryland. Interior panels covered with plain sheet plastic and painted flat aluminum. Bench seat is still in the kit, along with all the other 80's / 90's parts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LongLiveFlathead6, JimC and slack like this.
  27. Lyle. That is OUTSTANDING!! Fantastic detail!

28. greaser 35

greaser 35
    from FRANCE

My new project 1/8 revell kit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Home made steering whell & gaz pedal
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BONNEVILLE BOB 95 likes this.
  29. Thumper

Thumper

Here's the 49 Merc I finished and a 40 Willys cuope I;m about done with.. DSCN1250.JPG DSCN1254.JPG DSCN1256.JPG DSCN1257.JPG

30. harley rider

harley rider

just finished this quick build. to start off my model building season. does any one else do models seasonally?it is mostly a winter thing for me.good way to kill time when to cold to work in shop.

Attached Files:

JimC likes this.