Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. cosmic12

cosmic12

Getting better. Maybe its the picture throwing off the proportions. I have been trying to find a chopped 54 and a 58 stocker at the same angle and size just not real easy but would these be any better to work with? imagesR76XH9HZ.jpg images2LB2KFD6.jpg

2. One more try....
    5.jpg

LeoH likes this.
  3. cosmic12

cosmic12

Now that's lookn good! almost perfect!!!!!!! you the man. If and I say you feel like trying again just make the rear windshield a bit smaller. Thanks for your time I really mean that It helps me so much.

LeoH likes this.
  4. I'm guessing you want it to be a flat color as that's what you sample shows .....

green chevy vicky.jpg

II FUNNY likes this.
  5. Rear window modified
    6.jpg

LeoH likes this.
  6. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

I can't argue with the value of the end product, but an idea like this is one of love and not for flipping. Or maybe, that's just how I would approach a project like this...not having the skillset to look at item A and say I can do X,YandZ to it to produce item B.

Also, this is why I don't feel what you all do here is idle doodling, but actual visualization for deciding yay or nay. I wanted to see if the vision I imagined in my head looked close to what it would tease out in reality. It didn't, BUT, it still looks different than an original Lark, it looks clean, I agree with it probably needing to be shortened and lowered more, but it is definitely not the boxy, econo look, particularly moose's and madfish's iterations.

Thank you again. I'll still save these photos and tuck 'em up on my garage wall, for 'just that right opportunity'.

7. Tin Can

Tin Can

If my buddy did not already have a t-bird this color. I like this photshop option.

8. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Awesome...thank you.

9. Tin Can

Tin Can

Attached Files:

10. One more bit of idle doodling. Went for more of a sports car look, so it´s even shorter, more sectioned and chopped too. Quite a departure from the original.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

beebing, LeoH, Ned Ludd and 3 others like this.
  11. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Nice. I was automatically fumbling around the bottom for a Like button. I did envision the car in my head to be a 2 seater. An inspiration, but not something I was trying to copy was the Gardner prototype, but I do not go for their plexiglas top! I'm liking the funky taillight up closer to the beltline. I can't say nay on the black wire wheels, but I'm not getting it with that dark green paint. Looking at your shortening, I'm wondering about bringing the little dip in the chrome beltline to the back 1/3 of the door, with or without a corresponding dip in the top of the door line.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  12. madfish

madfish

Dayaaaam, James. Now you're talking!

LeoH and James D like this.
  13. I like the Gardner. Very slick.
    It looks like there´d be so little height left in the front and rear of the car - and they'd be cut to ribbons anyway - that you could put whatever "face" and tail end you wanted on it.

LeoH likes this.
  14. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Are chrome sidepipes with a heat shield covering the length, too much on that dark green Lark sportster?

15. Anything from that era would be ok I should think. If it fits on an Austin Healey 100/4 or a C type Jag, it ought to look alright on here. I wondered about Healey side gills.

LeoH likes this.
  16. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

So the plan of action would be to remove the front and rear, to get the beltlines as desired, then adjust the ends and their features to final taste. I'm really enjoying others playing with my concept. I thought there was something to it.

17. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Well, there are the 50s fender vents, in particular the late 40s vents that have 3 chrome fillets on them. I can't post a url image right at this moment for them....

18. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

I like that roof on your proposed ride. However the colors end up being chosen. A nice mix of both ends of the decade's style. imo. Maybe lake pipes behind the rear wheels or the whole length of the car too?

19. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Man, I had a heckuva time finding a decent photo of those chrome trimmed air vents in the fenders that show well: [​IMG]

20. madfish

madfish

Well, since we're slicin' and dicin'...

evil lark copy.jpg

beebing, lewk, RamJet1 and 7 others like this.
  21. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Now that is looking cool ;)

LeoH likes this.
  22. cosmic12

cosmic12

That is cool! somebody needs to build that!

LeoH likes this.
  23. can someone please photo shop the new wheels and bed rails on my truck to the picture in front of the plane this is my favorite picture on my Dodge and when I added the wheels and bed rails I went back to take a new pic and the plane was gone. Thank you and have a Great Day! Jim
    004.JPG IMG_20140714_154751.jpg

24. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

There's where I was going!!! I had roadster/convertible in my head, but your hardtop is bitchin!

25. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Most definitely!! What I find cool about the people in that image is, they look like they fit perfect with that car!

26. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Clean. That works.

27. 1.jpg

28. Thank you Moose I forgot to mention the tires should be black wall ,but it looks Great Amazing work!! Jim

29. OK....Black walls it is.....

black.jpg

madfish likes this.
  30. That's Incredible!!! Thank you !! that will be my new desk top !!