Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Another Av8 build thread!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by skatermann, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Thanks!

2. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

Really digging the shape you have put into the cowl sides and firewall, compliments the rake on the chop of the a pillars . subscribed johnny

3. Thank you!

4. Question time!
    I have an old Walker radiator that came with some parts I bought.... I was hoping to use it, but it needs a fair amount of repair. It also would need to be pretty heavily modified, because it was for a sbc, and it's about 4" to tall.... Someone told me that it's not going to cool my flathead if it's as short as it kinda needs to be(24")..... So what are all your thoughts, what should I do, what did you use, etc!
    Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

5. Any suggestions on the radiator?

6. jugheadjones

jugheadjones

I really enjoyed flicking through your build. Keep up the good work mate!

7. Thanks! You too!

8. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

The Walker Z-series radiator for flathead in a Ford 1928-29 is just over 24", I think. Not sure here, you need to call and ask them. I have one in my roadster and it cools good with a hot 296 cui stroker and a full hood. Even in hot weather. I'm not sure if you can build a really good one much better and cheaper, but if you build one yourself it will of course fit perfect for the room you have for it. :)

9. Thank you J.B.! This is very helpful!

10. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Love this build! Especially the angle chop! I plan on doing a wicked angle chop on my build as well. Keep up the awesome work!

11. Hey thanks man! Really been enjoying your build too!

12. .....progress does happen
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

The top pic looks soooooo mean!

"I need my mirror boy"

14. Well here's a little update. I've been chipping away at stuff when I can, and trying to balance work.... I worked on the hairpins today, and got the driver side tacked up. Also I've done more work on the rear window area....
    My machinist called and said that we're gonna start machining on saturday(I'm helping him), and that he has a good chunk of time to focus on my engine!

IMG_5695.jpg

IMG_5693.jpg

IMG_5688.jpg

IMG_5689.jpg

IMG_5703.jpg

Runnin shine likes this.
  15. Looking good Skater

16. Thanks!

17. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gonna be very f**king cool!!!

18. Thank you

19. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Your gonna need a low ass seat to get 6.2 in that hammered coupe!...great build young blood!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. Haha yeah I know.... I've mocked up the seat on a couple of different occasions, it should work out. Thanks!

21. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

22. Thanks outback! I spent most of saturday in the machine shop, we got the problem cylinder bored out and sleeved and bored out again.... Tomorrow that cylinder is getting pressure tested again, and if it holds pressure we'll go ahead and do the rest of the machine work. If not I have to find another block.... :eek:

IMG_5728.jpg IMG_5729.jpg IMG_5732.jpg IMG_5736.jpg

-Joe

23. My block was pressure tested today..... 20psi.... 40psi.... 60psi.... It held it's own all the way!!!!!! Of course the final test is running it, but it's passed every test so far. I'll be back in the machine shop on saturday!!!

Hallelujah!!!

24. Roof is shaping up nicely....

choppp!.jpg

25. Dusty56

Dusty56

Looks very cool. My (repro) '32 frame was built up narrower along most of it's length. The '30 body 'overlaps' the frame much like a '32 does which pleases me greatly.

26. Thank you! Interesting idea, do you have a build thread for your car? My frame is pinched up front, and the body's channeled about 1-1/2".....

27. Dusty56

Dusty56

No build on here as some of my car isn't really HAMB friendly.
    I bought the car ready built although I am close to finishing a rebuild. I have had the rails sectioned for a 'ghost' channel and the forward section is pinched & bobbed and tucked behind a truck grill shell. I'll see if I'm clever enough to put a link to my thread on the Rods n Sods site.

28. Dusty56

Dusty56