Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot Rod Hauling Trailer Stole from my Shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racinman, Nov 18, 2014.

1. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

None of it makes sense!... I think it is just crackheads doing what they do best! take from the working class to provide their habits... if they worked this hard on a job they would be employee of the month! But a thieve is not the sharpest knife in the drawer!

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Monday morning BTTT for my buddy Rick.

Please keep an eye out fellas

racinman and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Bob! Still searching ! Still praying! Still in business... (just with an open trailer)

4. stimpy

stimpy

5. I would check around the Orangeburg area too. A lot of shady stuff going on around there and plenty of race cars needing trailers. Plenty of trucks that look like that too.

racinman likes this.
  6. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Btt Still hopin for a recovery

7. 61 Fairlane

61 Fairlane

Just a thought, I didn't see it mentioned yet but I may have overlooked it reading all of the posts.
    On the off chance that it might have been taken out of state, try searching on one of the sites that searches the entire Craigslists of United States. I believe one of them is called Tempestsearch. You enter in what yours looking for (Im thinking the 57 might be easier to identify then the trailer, but search for both) and it will search ALL of Craiglist throughout the US.
    It couldn't hurt

racinman likes this.
  8. this search engine works well

zoomthelist.com

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. That would be nice if the listed heavy equipment.

I thought about this site a couple of weeks ago,,,good thought on your part. HRP

10. Ricks shop is less than a 1/4 mile from our shop and I ride by his place several times a day and night,I am keeping my eyes open. HRP

11. HRP, I searched for a Featherlite trailer and it provided quite a few hits as well as for the 57 on the zoom site. Guess I am not following your thoughts on the heavy equipment or did I miss something. I am over 65 and subject to many senior moments:eek::eek::D

12. My problem is when I enter the words featherlite enclosed trailer it just directs me to a local CL not the entire country. HRP

13. That is odd. My search for a "featherlite trailer" goes to all points in the US. What is up with that??

14. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

BTTT for my buddy Rick.

Please keep and eye out fellas.

15. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Guys... I have done many searches and Search Tempest will do a 3000 mile search on Craigslist and I have searched Google and had good response on FaceBook... it has been shared 2,800 times from a lot of groups on FB. It seems the Big Long 32' trailer has vanished and no-one has seen it... Im not giving up! I will search and find this! Im like a hound dog on the trail. Now State Farm Insurance is giving me the run around! I will not quit and roll over and play dead!

16. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

If the insurance co gives you to much runaround contact your state Insurance commissioner.

racinman likes this.
  17. JunkYardGuy

JunkYardGuy

The local high school near by my house had their crew teams enclosed trailer stolen a couple of years ago. Turned up about a year later only approx. 30 miles away from the school. Its was relettered and being used daily by a landscape company. State police stumbled across it while investigating a dog fighting ring. So you never know it could still be in your area.

racinman likes this.
  18. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

19. hollowfind

hollowfind
    from KY

Keeping eyes open in ky.

20. Talked to Rick Wednesday,still no leads. HRP

21. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I was hoping it was an update saying it was found :( .

Well here's a bump to help that happen ...

racinman likes this.
  22. rfraze

rfraze

Found this security product yesterday, but could not find your thread. A small device called a "tile". Check out thetileapp.com Works with your phone AND a network of other tile users phones to send you a map of where "tile" is, after you designate it as lost. Marketed for small items, but could be an inexpensive way for us to actually help each other. Effectiveness should increase as number of app users increased. I'm going to try some. Eyes open in Oregon, where gun control is hitting what you aim at.

23. Look around locally at truck trailer storage yards. Something like that is easier to hide with other big items. Not too many garages can swallow up a 32' long trailer.

24. I don't think this tool is gonna work,,even on their website it state...Tile casts a Bluetooth signal up to 100 feet.

Yeah,good for lost keys but on cars & trailers something along the lines of LoJack would be better choice.

Hopefully Rick can recover his property soon. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. rfraze

rfraze

I get what you are saying, but let's just say Rick or I had put one of these in our trailer and/or car and off it goes. It passes by a phone with this app and a signal gets sent to his phone w/location. Let's say you go to look at some parts and your phone gets within 100' of something that is "lost" that is carrying a tile, BAM, a map of it's location is sent to item's previous owner. Might just work. Guns work within range, and we depend on them. Maybe one of these could get us within range.
    I hate it when anything gets stolen and am willing to get in on a network to help "find" stuff.
    Just found out that all you have to do is download the app and you become part of the solution. You don't even have to buy any tiles. Now all I have to do is figure out how to do iTunes. Damn.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  26. Btt

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

28. junk

junk

Damn, hoping you found it.

29. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

i keep checking back to see if any luck on finding it ,still looking in Tennessee.my dad is over the road truck driver gave him a pic of truck and trailer said he would keep an eye out to!

racinman likes this.