Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge This - 1939 Dodge Southeast Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dog_Patch, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Damn! Even the trailer is a light weight. Your serious about this.

2. txturbo

txturbo

Probably has helium in the tires too...

3. The Shocker.., might as well just name it "The Socker" since your that close anyways.

GAOldsman likes this.
  4. Well there you go Tony. "The Socker" would be way K:cool::cool:L

5. Trying to avoid Ric tricking me into something easy for him to sell Yesterday's Kid slogans on i.e. The Child Socks it to the Socker , etc etc. However - The Shocker puts a kick in Yesterday's Chili ! Try some today!

6. f
    Tony's gonna get The Shocker, when Yesterdays Child spanks him like a Stocker. He's gonna say mutha focker, musta been off my rocker, that nasty Child sent me back to my locker. I just thought Ric was a talker & a smart ass mocker, oh well, maybe I can take the Okie Doker

30dodgeboy likes this.
  7. Joking and jabbing aside Tony, The Shocker is taking shape, and looking bad ass! How is the Hemi coming?

8. allwilly

allwilly

The shocker is lookin good on its new ride...how's it tow behind the delivery?

9. Damn this hemi stuff :confused: after all the parts hunting and research, the whole damn thing has sat idle at the machine shop while the guy tries to find a torque plate for a 392. I told him at some point we gotta go without it. Johnny never used torque plates on my last 2 hemi's. Its not completely off schedule yet - the plan was a January test drive and February / March paint booth. Fingers still crossed.

Tom - that Sedan Delivery is getting wired for trailer brakes and - wait for it - turn signals! Then we'll see how it tows. Hell that car is the only V8 car I have to tow with anyway!

10. Tudor bought a Deuce and a half this week :eek: maybe I can hitch a ride behind that :)

11. I'll beat the bushes & see if I can find a plate for you.

12. The early Chrysler hemis all share the same head bolt pattern, but the cylinder bores increase with displacement:
    331 = 3-13/16"
    354 = 3-15/16"
    392 = 4"

Dodge and DeSoto hemis use a similar but different (smaller) bolt pattern.

13. Tony, Google TR Waters Early Hemi Parts.

14. Thanks Ric - I have talked to Tom several times - I have one of his main stud girdles to put on this thing - wasn't aware he had a torque plate. I sent him an email.

15. allwilly

allwilly

That deuce would b fun to back up ur driveway by itself. ..much less w a trailer! Of course he could just push the trees outta the way n make his en driveway

16. This is a bitchen little movie, and what I would name your Dodge.

The Iron Giant Iron Giant poster.jpg irongiant98981025122.jpg the-iron-giant-17973.png The Iron Giant (1999) 1.jpg

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  17. Whatever the hell he's going to call it I wish he'd settle on a name so I can do some design work.

GAOldsman likes this.
  18. "The Crank Scraper"

GAOldsman likes this.
  19. Hope I ordered the right part - it said The Original Crank Scrapper . Sometimes strippers and stripers get me confused too.

allwilly and GAOldsman like this.
  20. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

My plate is out at the moment. I'll see what kind of time frame the guy has.

21. Tyresmoke

Tyresmoke
    from Norfork

How about calling it The dogs bollicks .

What would the headline be if Dogpatch beat Yesterday's child?

22. Not sure yet what the headline would be, cause it never ever crossed my mind. One thing for sure though is the headline date would be April 1st.., ya know April Fools Day!

23. Tyresmoke

Tyresmoke
    from Norfork

24. when it gets out of paint and you have a stripper over to lay down some lines, let me know, I'll bring some ones $$$

GAOldsman likes this.
  25. allwilly

allwilly

Better bring more than ones...stripper lines can b pretty expensive

26. Thanks Tom ! Some guys I talked to said the torque plate is not needed on a 392. Wonder how we could prove it either way? Check the bore for roundness with and without the plate? But then you need a plate......

27. Those English terms crack me up. Believe it or not we kicked around "The Spotted Dick" for a name too :rolleyes:

28. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

And, before you hire the sign painter, it's spelled "bollocks"...
    :)
    Regardless, I'm enjoying this build!

Tyresmoke and Tudor like this.