Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

6 Volt Ford Radio 1951? 1952?

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by Alienbaby17, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

City: Minneapolis

State: Minnesota
    Price: $50
    Up for sale is an old Ford automobile radio I found on a shelf in a collection of vintage automobile parts.

I DO NOT KNOW THE HISTORY OF THIS RADIO AND I HAVE NOT TESTED IT. THIS RADIO MAY WORK. I DO NOT KNOW WHY SOMEONE WOULD HAVE SAVED IT FOR OVER 60 YEARS IF IT WAS BROKEN. BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW THE ACTUAL WORKING STATUS I WOULD ASSUME IT IS NOT WORKING. BECAUSE OF THAT I HAVE LISTED IT IN THE, "FOR PARTS OR NOT WORKING" CONDITION CATEGORY.

I did some research online trying to find out the original application of this radio. In doing so I found a website for a business specializing in vintage automobile radios. That website had a photo of the exact same radio. It was described as a, "1951/52 Ford pushbutton radio, model 2C. Six volt." I cannot verify the accuracy of that information but it seemed fairly credible to me.

I can verify that this is a 6 volt radio. The part in the back labeled as, "Vibrator" does say 6 volt.

No knobs included with this radio.

Radio is large and heavy. Radio body measures approximately 3" tall, 9" across, and 8" deep. Because it is so heavy I will ship it in one of those USPS flat rate boxes. I believe the $18 box will fit and be the most economical shipping option.

U.S. domestic shipping only.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

$50 shipped.

2. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

3. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17