Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. I knew someone would say something about that I promise its for mock up purpose only.

2. Hey Art, are you changing intakes?, or staying with the single 4bbl.?

3. Yesterdays Cousin
    Ole Black Witch
    Victoria's Habit
    Tora Tora Victoria
    Viscous Vicki
    Vanishing Vicki
    Vicki Vamoose
    Vicki the Vagrant
    Lickety Split Vicki
    Vickety Split

II FUNNY likes this.
  4. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Yes sir for now, I'm on a "budget" for now gonna do a cam change and rebuild my short block this year ? And see where that takes me.....

5. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Sell the Victor and the Pro-systems carb...now you have some money for a tunnel ram:D

beebee78 likes this.
  6. Vanishing Vicki
    Kip's Strip Trip
    The Victorian
    Victory Circle Vicki
    Victory Lane Vicki
    Victory Lap Vicki
    31 Flavors
    31 & Done
    Vitamin V
    The Shadow Man

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  7. I know where there is a fresh 600 hp 383 with Brodix 10X heads and I believe shaft rockers for under 6 G's

8. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Someday !!! When my budget grows! Lol

9. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How bout simply Victory Vicki?

II FUNNY likes this.
  10. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Only problem with victory part is...I've never won a race in that car.lol

91whitestang likes this.
  11. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Well, look at it as a prophecy of things to come.
    nutz

12. Baboon ass.jpg
    Ok then, how about.., "Yesterday's Child Spanked My Ass RED After Riding Bareback for 1965 Miles & Catching a Cold Vicki".., pffffffff. you opened that door, not me brother!

beebee78 likes this.
  13. Joking aside, I have to admit, the round I ran against Kip and his "Madusa 31", Iwas pretty sure, he was gonna eat my lunch! Had Madusa gone straight, and Kip found all 4 gears in his Dagenhiem box, I'm pretty sure he would have. So when I talk smack about Madusa, its done with one eye squinted, and my rearend puckered up!

II FUNNY and beebee78 like this.
  14. Little-Miss-Muffet.jpg "Vicki da Villain"

II FUNNY likes this.
  15. 1bad32sedan

1bad32sedan
    from Wisconsin

Made a little progress on the sedan last night got the body temp. tacked on the frame so I can do the steering seat and pedal location. Got the front motor mounts on still have to do mid and Trans mount. Had to put some wheels up there to see what she was gonna look like.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  16. WAY TO GO! I LOVE MORE DOORS, & TRI RIB RADARS.., my pants are getting tight!

17. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

This thread is Bad to the Bone for guy's who love the old gasser's.

Jimbo

91whitestang and II FUNNY like this.
  18. 1bad32sedan

1bad32sedan
    from Wisconsin

Ric you will be disappointed to know that there will only be 2 doors when she's done. I'm not a more door kind of guy.

19. I LOVE MORE Tu DOORS TOO, JUST DON'T CHOP THE TOP, TOO MANY OF THOSE AROUND.

20. Crazy thought, buy why not save yourself a bunch of extra work, have something even more unique, and leave it a four door. It would make it harder for me or anyone else to "blow your doors off". You could call it the Fly'n W Taxi, or Taxidermi, or The Taxidermist, or Double U Doors, Driving Miss Daisy, or if you have any Italian in you at all, you could call it "Win-A-Dago" or Winnedago or Door #32. Anyway, the pic above with the fenders, and a rear door still on it looks BITCHEN! What'd be really cool, is to have a plexi W same or even different color than your windows, attached to the outside of the door, and back lit like the old Gold Finger AA/GS Anglia of Steve Korney that ran out here when I was a kid. One of my favorite blown gassers of all time.

21. You could paint it up in colors like an early SS 409 Impala, faux trim and all, and SS, stands for Super Sedan

22. ..,by the way, is that an actual set of W injectors, because now, you MUST use them, or suffer relentless ridicule by the likes of me, myself, I, and a host of others!

23. 1bad32sedan

1bad32sedan
    from Wisconsin

No the injection is a bbc manifold for the All Hacked Up Malibu. I'm gonna buy a hilborn for the Sedan.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  24. You are my new hero!

25. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Rear tire Question for Quain and Ric...whats the difference between a Hoosier D05 and D06 compound, what size are you guys running?...there are too many choices.

26. Got my rear wheels in the mail the other day so I mounted up some old 28 10.5 slicks for mock up and did a rough cut on the quarters to get a length on the rear end housing. It will have a taller tire on it but set it on the ground and I think the width is perfect. Hope to get the rear end ordered in the next few weeks.

Attached Files:

Pufff, OahuEli, 91whitestang and 3 others like this.
  27. Few more pics

Attached Files:

28. My pants R tight again!

29. Those wheels are very cool!!!!

30. D05 appears to be Hoosiers softest compound, and D06 is almost medium (just a hair to the soft side. Our 56 has the original Hoosier 11.0 x 29.0 D05's that were on it when we bought it 10 years ago!.., and they worked great at the Meltdowns with new suspension and engine tune flogging going on. Quain, Shannon, Willingham, Porters and the fast crowd run the W or "big" tire. I think SEG rules only allow a max tire of 11.5 x 29.5 or 30.0 gotta check the rules again. We had 16 psi in ours, and I believe we could have run 18-20 had we gotten more runs/tuning in. SEG rules allow up to 10" wide wheel, but I'm somewhat convinced this tire size has a tendency to cup (come off the track) in the middle, more so on a 10" wheel than a 9" or 8" wheel, on the initial hit when the clutch is dumped. The W tires have a taller side wall & more roll out than the "regular" tire, and don't tinkle as much, for improved 60', but that can also make the tire less for giving of aggressive clutch settings. I prefer to run a smaller tire when possible to cut down weight and growth, necessitating a shorter gear with a smaller pinion gear, while tuning towards a stiffer sidewall. Our car however is currently a pig compared to the fast crowd of the SEG, so I defer to Quain and his answer.