Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Tube Grill update

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by andytwo2, Dec 4, 2014.

1. andytwo2

andytwo2

Good day all. Been really on it last two days. got one small mess up but its fixable on the grill. When I ordered the 7 tubes 3 of them were 7ft long and 4 were 6ft long. I guess I used one of the 7ft long tubes on a shorter tube in the grill. SO when got ready yesterday to bend the last tube the stock was to short. So you can see that in the picture the next to bottom tube is too short. Got the new tube on order but sure it won't be here till first of the week. Its all made except need to make the brackets from the grill to the car on the ends. It came out looking like I wanted it to. Also found out that the stainless tubes welded very nicely to the steel brackets with just the mild steel wire in my Mig welder.

john

Attached Files:

LOST ANGEL likes this.
  2. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Looks nice. Couldn't you just move the short tube on the bottom up to the top and make it work?

3. andytwo2

andytwo2

Too much to short. It will fix it a little but not the way I want it. It looks like it should work but its actually about an 1 1/2 inch on each end. TKS

4. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Nice job..Be careful buffing..