Register now to get rid of these ads!

The HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by upfberg, Nov 15, 2014.

1. upfberg

upfberg

So I'm sitting with my better half( not my model A) and her family having an early thanksgiving dinner. And if it wasn't for the HAMB mobile app, I'm pretty sure I would be admitted to an insane asylum in jail or something just as bad. I thank God for the HAMB, fellow hotrodders and my shop.( among with all of the other stuff I thank him for.) Thanks HAMB and thanks to all of you that post threads. It is much appreciated. And thanks to all that keep the HAMB running. Have a great day and holiday season. Brian

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

engine138 likes this.
  2. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So...
    Have HAMB, not turkey, for Thanksgiving

3. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Amen to your HAMB praise-----There is many a time I need the relief of HAMB surfing just to relax. BILL RINALDI

4. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Happy THANKSHAMBGIVIN'

5. Early Thanksgiving...HAMB style! HRP

[​IMG]

6. paddi

paddi

GOBBLING HAMB !

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

paddi...dude, you're a little late to the party

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. That's what I like about the H.A.M.B. you can say what you want here and people are a lot nicer, and more helpful, not like that other board! Thanks Bruce.

9. paddi

paddi

DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT ! THATS THE STORY OF MY LIFE .

10. Wait, there's another board? :)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. shop teacher

shop teacher

One of my best Thanksgivings: about 2 years ago I was on the way to my sisters house in Hugo,Mn.I decided to take the windy road through Withrow. On a sharp,90 degree turn, was an Arctic Cat minibike leaning against a tree in the front yard. On a cardboard sign was a price of $25! I stopped to take a look and went to the front porch- no one home? On the back of the sign was an envelope and I put in the cash. I only had $20 , so I wrote my name and phone number and promised to drop off the 5 on the way home. I ate dinner and napped , only to wake up to an all- out blizzard!The owner called to tell me to forget about the 5 , but I paid him anyway. It was a long ,slow ride home and I am still looking for an original Arctic Cat gas tank for it. Everyone in my family thinks that I am crazy- and this confirmed it.

12. The HAMB is a great place, and has been my point of contact with the outside world more then once since I joined. For a lot of reasons I spend a lot of time alone.

I have been pretty lucky as of late and have not spent holidays alone. if that changes I'll probably spend holidays here as well.

Viva la HAMB

13. Re turkey  wagon.jpg member this? From another thread last week.

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. I wouldn't call it a board anymore .lol.Bruce.

15. Shop Teacher, Kool find and good to see on this board there are a lot of honest people still left here.Bruce.

16. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"So I'm sitting with my better half( not my model A) and her family having an early thanksgiving dinner. And if it wasn't for the HAMB mobile app, I'm pretty sure I would be admitted to an insane asylum in jail or something just as bad."

Probably a generational thing, but this struck a nerve. I'd bet your in-laws weren't thrilled that they went to all the trouble to have Thanksgiving dinner and you sat there playing with your phone, obviously bored by it all - WTF happened to civility, respect and courtesy ?? You wouldn't be invited back to my home.
    There's a time & place for everything.

Stepping down off my soapbox....................................................

iwanaflattie and wraymen like this.
  17. If his inlaws are like mine they would never notice him on the phone. All the women group up and visit while the men other than me bury their faces in the television watching football. I've never figured out why people would rather watch TV for hours rather than do something. My dad always referred to television as an idiot box.

18. I had a wonderful time thanksgiving at my mothers house,which is great because I dont have many family members left. When I got home I relaxed HERE on the hamb. I look forward to doing that. The hamb is the best, and I am very proud to be a member! Thak you fellow hamb members, and happy holidays to all of you, and yours. Mikey.

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Well put, I had that thought myself. :D

20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

X2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.....

21. He wrote the words that I was thinking.... No one at my in-laws would even notice that I wasn't involved in the stories about their latest bus trips to go gambling and they sure wouldn't miss me while they were shouting at the football players on the TV while they're drinking cheap monkey p!ss beer...
    Sure, they might think that I was the one being rude =IF= they even noticed...
    Why do you think that both my wife and myself insist on Thanksgiving at HER parents house (in Ormond Beach, FL. Right down the road from the Daytona Turkey Run....??? I let her play the line "Well, HE wants to go to the car show and HE wants ME to come with him.... :) They haven't caught on to her little fib yet!!! )