Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Need some feedback...pinstripe or not-thoughts on striping?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Donald Anderson, Dec 2, 2014.

?

Any thoughts Pinstripe the trunk or not

Poll closed Dec 12, 2014.
  1. Photos of pin-striping suggestions

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. YES

14 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. NO

21 vote(s)
    60.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. countspanko

countspanko

subtle . clean like the car

2. Pat Thompson

Pat Thompson

I like that way...

Attached Files:

3. southerncad

southerncad

Great looking ride, love the color, does not need any pinstripes, wouldn't change a thing....uh, except maybe the skinny whitewalls....know you didn't ask...

4. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

CLASSY, NONEXTRAVIGANT pinstripes can only add to a car......but the striper needs to know HOW MUCH....nice car either way!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I wouldn't stripe the trunk but I would do something around the license plate light, maybe the plate itself, and over the wheel openings. Super simple and all white to match the tires.

40fordtudor likes this.
  6. missysdad1

missysdad1

Do I like pinstriping as an automotive art form? Absolutely. Do I think every car should have some? Absolutely not.

For my own cars I prefer the clean, uncluttered look. For other people's cars I usually lean towards the uncluttered look as well.

But hell, it's your car and your choice of striper and style. Do what'cha like...it can always be removed if you get tired of it.

7. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Something small, no big pieces. Maybe an accent line near the body trim, but that would be pushing the limit

40fordtudor likes this.
  8. I pinstripe on the side (more as a hobby), and for me to say no to artwork on the trunk...well...

I DO like Kevin Lee's comment...very simple stuff around the license plate/headlight/wheel openings would be all I would recommend. Super nice '60's sho-n-go vibe you got going on! Don't overdo it!

But it's your car......

9. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

With that clean vibrant colour any pin striping should be very subtle and minimal, or none in my opinion.

10. belair

belair

11. I agree with Brett. Just an accent at the top of the headlights and around the license plate on the back. I look at it as tattooing my car. The secret is just enough to make it different. Beautiful car.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

I AM PARTIAL TO PINSTRIPING AS LONG AS U DONT GET CARRIED AWAY

13. slowmotion

slowmotion

Ever so slightly, if any.

14. Is there a reason you think you need to stripe it? In all honesty, my first impression was "that's a big back side", it needs a bumper to break it up....totally my opinion. At the same time, I would agree with the majority....subtle stripes at the most. The car looks really good as is. Tim

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  15. Looks fine the way that it is. Not all cars need stripes.

16. I second the need for bumpers

17. Be a trend setter. No stripe.

18. Gman0046

Gman0046

I've seen plenty of cars where the striper got carried away and over did it to the point of making it look way Fugly. One that comes to mind is a station wagon that contained all kinds of stripes along with palm trees and topless women in grass skirts. The whole abomination took up about 2 1/2 feet in width of the cars hood. The only thing I could think of they were going for some kind of surfing theme as it was a wagon.
    In my estimation striping looks best when its simple and subtle.
    Not into the number thing for non race cars and believe graphics left the building about the same time as pastel paint jobs, Leisure Suits and Nehru Jackets.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  19. Epy

Epy

Needs something to break up that fat ass..Not much, just a little something

20. I like pin-stripping on a lot of cars, but with that body style I think it might look cluttered. You've got a clean,sweeping style there with enough chrome trim to be the accents so I would say no to the pin stripe or at least no more than a small thin pin strip down at the bottom under the tag. But a bumper would look better in my opinion.

21. Stick to the KISS method of stripping if you do any at all. HRP

22. mike bowling

mike bowling

Looks mighty fine as she sits-color is outstanding! That rear pan does look a little "unprotected" though.? Your car, your call. It's a beauty either way. Nice job!

23. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

24. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

25. barfers

barfers
    from Florida

needs a bumper

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  26. TonyVan

TonyVan
    from Vancouver

If it were mine, then maybe a black teardrop or two outlined in white under the license plate light, but no more than that.

27. Oldstrk

Oldstrk

As for me yes, but in my case when your a hammer everything looks like a nail!!