Register now to get rid of these ads!

Starlite Rod & Custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rickyracer1962, Jan 23, 2006.

1. they pulled it off, got the 54 to the GNRS and it looked killer. keep up the good work boys. saw these posted in someones show pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PrimeEvil

PrimeEvil
    from N Utah

WOW thats a beautiful car,I love the color and rear end treatment!

Fantastic Job!!

3. 63-65 Rivi roof? Car is very clean, very unique. Good job?

4. what is that roof? chevelle?

5. narrowed & chopped impala. hopefully one of them will chime in here with more of the details.

6. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

these guys did a great job, it was nice to see them make the show.
    the owner should be proud.

7. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I love the frontend treatment....awesome car.....I would esp like to see pics of it outside or in a photo spread,,wich i'm sure we will all get to see!

8. sodapop

sodapop
    from Tejas

Holy shit, thats nice. Inspiration to say the least.

9. PrimeEvil

PrimeEvil
    from N Utah

Anybody get some pics of the engine on this car by chance?Love to check the engine out a bit more?

10. Bryan

Bryan

that car pretty much rules.

11. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

That does it! I'm throwing my 54 away

13. Steve

Steve

damn they did a sick job on that thing.

14. Is that a roof off a riv ??? looks killer on that car

15. starlite staff

starlite staff

Hey guy’s Edgar here; I just wanted to thank everybody for their complements on the car. All the boys here at Starlite busted ass for about 9 months. 6 months of it was shared between the fifty four project and others and the last 3 were solid on the car. Here is a rundown on the car…

Body mods began with grafting a ’52 Mercury front fenders and hood. The headlights were frenched and the rear wheel arches were swept back 3 inches. The hood had the scoop removed and it was also set up with a modified reverse hinge set up. The front end is finished off with a narrowed and peaked ’53 Mercury bumper, a narrowed and filled ’54 Chevy car grill and 5 hand formed spears. The roof is a narrowed ’65 Buick Wildcat roof (4”in front and 6” in the rear).The rear backlit is a narrowed ’67 Camaro (2” per side). The windshield was sectioned 2.5 inches (in order to meet the new profile). The rear quarter panels were extended 4” and feature hand made taillight bezels. The rear of the rear wheel arches were also swept back and reshaped. The rear bumper consists of ’59 Corvette rear bumpers, ’62 Thunderbird front bumpers, and the ends are of ’67 Camaro. The exhaust ports on the bumpers are functional. The car was finished in a “Hot Hues” purple rhapsody.

The interior consists of a ’56 Ford instrument panel with refaced Autometer gages.

The engine is a ’74 Ford 390 FE with a toploader 4 speed transmission

The front suspension consists of a dropped spindle kit with disc brakes. Rack and pinion conversion and Firestione 2500 airbags. We built a tubular K-member to help disburse the stress during the roof swap and to stiffen up the body during driving. The rear features a triangulated suspension, equipped with 2600 x-tra lift bags to facilitate tire changes while still maintaining low ground clearance and performance. The wheelbase was lengthened a total of 3”.

Overall the car was built to drive but somewhere along the way it got a little out of hand…

16. Kaucher

Kaucher

Here's a clean pic of the motor, The motor and interior have one off parts, like the stacks, and shifter boot plate.

I can't give enough praise of the quality work that the Starlite staff did, and to their buddy's that came in at the eleventh hour worked on this car hours on end voluntarily.

Without them my design would just another be a picture on a 11 X 17 piece of paper. Mucho Thanks to all of you. Kaucher

Attached Files:

17. Kaucher

Kaucher

And I also want to give special thanks to Downtown Willy who stitched a bitchen interior, that really ties the whole car together. Kaucher

18. car is way nice .. saw it myself ..and damn ..nothin to say..............but BAD F*@KIN ASS!

19. desertdroog

desertdroog

Thanks for showcasing the build on the HAMB. Very slick ride!

20. Probably one of the most tastefull customs I have ever seen.

The trim around the front of the roof line flows beautiful, the corvette bumpers on the back look perfect, I could go on and on.

I love it!!!

21. lgh1157

lgh1157

Thats the car that Hamber Dante from Black widow Kustoms worked on.

L

22. starlite staff

starlite staff

Thats right he and Jose came down and helped out with the final block on the car. They did a great job! Hope to work with them again and we appreciate them comming through on such short notice.

23. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Throw up some pics of it in the light. Last I saw was the concept drawing it looks great.

24. Steve

Steve

hey Edgar did you guys set up the compressor for the bags like you did on the yellow wagon? or is it a normal electric compressor?

25. starlite staff

starlite staff

Hey Steve, we ran two Viar 380C compressors into a 7 gallon stainless steel tank. We wanted to run engine driven but it would have looked too bulky. Besides we actually ran out of room;Alternator, A/C compressor and power steering pump. I'll try to post some pics of the trunk and close ups of the engine...

26. The Hyena

The Hyena

Edgar ........you guys are badasses !!! I moved to Vegas though....

but ill see you guys around !!

NICE RIDE !!