Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Drag Rod... MoKan or BUST!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SamIyam, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Do you have any pictures of this, or could you explain what you did? I've seen this done once on here before, but I would like to hear how you did it. I'm thinking I want to build a track T roadster next, and I wanted to narrow the drilled '40 axle hanging on my garage wall. Thanks. Really enjoyed your tech threads/builds over the years.

2. Pics taken this last weekend... I finally made it a roller!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1409093113.218260.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1409093174.354479.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. OFT

OFT

Looking Good!!!

Having a little garage scene/get together with power parking?

Earl

4. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Awesome.

Meltdown Drags
    July 17,18,19 2015

5. Roadsir

Roadsir

Sam, great thread seriously cool....I'd suggest an Engle solid cam in that BBC!......I also came across the pictures Steve took at your place in the RR and going grocery shopping! I'll get them posted!
    Eric

6. The goal is to build a ten second street car for around $5000.

I just picked up the engine from a buddy... it's a 427... 454 with a 396 crank. It ran 11.90 in his '3600 pound '55 Chevy... so it should haul ass in this thing! $1200 and he said I can beat on it until the cows come home!

Sam

UNCLECHET and AHotRod like this.
  7. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D:eek: Jumpin J horsey fat.I sure hope that you take a change of wardrobe when you drop the hammer on the first pass in that beast.Me thinks that you just might need it.Hehehe.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

8. pila38

pila38

Awesome! I love it.

9. Your moving along pretty good and pretty soon you'll be hauling!

Posted using Full box of Crayons on the Kitchen Walls App!

10. Ok... I added everything up so far... just a tic over $7000.

Man, how money FLIES!

So, this might be the "For around 8-9k" 10 second car.

Or 10 seconds for Ten Thousand!

:)

AHotRod and Malcolm like this.
  11. that thing looks awesome

12. Seems like a lot. Sure a lot more then I have spent but looks like a fun project. It may skip tens and go to the next one down. That is an awful big motor for a ten second car of that style.
    don

13. I understand what you are saying about it being a lot of money... but when you add up the big ticket items, it becomes apparent that this thing really is being build for pennies on the dollar.

Engine $1200
    Trans $700
    Tires $1000
    Wheels $600
    Frame $600

That's $4100 right there... If I were to go out and buy all of this stuff new (the tires were new) I would have more like $10,000 in the hard parts.
    Keep in mind... when this baby is done, I will post prices of all of the parts!

Sam

AHotRod likes this.
  14. Yeah you are right.
    Wheels alone can hurt. rest of the parts are right in line.
    Keep at it. Interesting thread.
    don

15. jerry

jerry

Will it have a "coon" tail?

jerry

16. No Jerry, A friend of mine has my coon tail... and I think even if it had one, it would get ripped to shreds at 130mph!

17. jerry

jerry

Just keeping it real!

jerry

SamIyam likes this.
  18. Dunno' about the 'coon tail being shredded.....but I can personally attest to ripping some top fabrics to pieces, bending some bows............and absolutely re-orienting some front fenders at 130 mph. That sucked. As a matter of fact, the rear intake seal also blew.......so hot oil all down my firewall, and onto the exhaust system too. Rolled that one to a stop with smoke rolling out from underneath, a trail of oil under/behind/all over the windshield.......top fabric and fenders waving to one and all....and a girlfriend riding shotgun with saucer eyes....and three words.......YOU FUCK-EEN IDIOT. Couldn't do much, but turn on the wipers and drive home. A great time to be had, and I would do it again !!

19. Almost forgot to congratulate you on a fantastic build. That thing looks great.....you have what it takes upstairs. Worth more then all of the parts totals that you may have. You are bound to have a great time with it.....sounds like you deserve to. Hope that smile gets shredded at 130.......ear to ear fits incredibly nice on occasion. Good luck man. God bless you and yours. My hat is off to you.

SamIyam likes this.
  20. Ten for ten does sound pretty good though.

21. Sam... I'm building another Roadster and I'm not as close as you are and the cash drawer is empty! Hahaha!

Nothing like Ol Roachy or my Old Rocket sled where I got it on the road and running 12 Ohhh's for less than $7K!

SamIyam likes this.
  22. AHotRod

AHotRod

Are you planning on this to be a street legal driven car?
    Glenn

23. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

im looking forward to seeing this finished..ive had an idea for something like this for dragweek.

24. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

Great build, reminds me of something Krass and Bernie would build. Take it to the Meltdowns!

Rob_A likes this.
  25. Roothawg

Roothawg

26. Sorry guys... I got distracted with a mini bike project... then a Chevy Luv I've been racing... and then there's work.
    Not much has happened since October. But this is what I have done so far!
    Gotta get back on it... I say I'm going to have it at Eagle Field in May!

DragRod3.jpg DragRod2.jpg DragRod.jpg

AHotRod, kiwijeff, UNCLECHET and 5 others like this.
  27. Chuck R

Chuck R

Sam,
    Your creativity and talent are never ending. You are going to have a blast running this hot rod. What are you thinking, 9.9 for the 1/4 mile?

28. Roothawg

Roothawg

Nice bed for a wood shop guy.......;)

SamIyam likes this.
  29. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

That car just looks "right". :) It's gonna be fun to drive.

Don

30. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a killer car for short money. Love the way it looks. All business. And the Cragars are the perfect wheel choice.