Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1955 Dodge Coronet 2 door hardtop

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by silvertonguedevil, Jun 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil
    from Vale, OR

City: Seaside

State: Oregon
    Price: Sold
    047.JPG 1955 Dodge Coronet 2 door hardtop. All original Northern California car. VERY little rust. Only cancer I’ve seen is over the right rear wheel well, one small spot on driver’s side floor, and it’s barely starting to show up in the lower corners of the front fenders. 270 Poly V8 engine. Powerflite 2 speed automatic transmission. This is a running/driving, low mileage, original car. Original paint and original interior. Glass is good. Driver’s side door glass has cracks and there is a small chip in front windshield but it could be filled/repaired. All other glass pieces are nice. Car is complete and straight. One extremely small dent behind Passenger side door where car got too friendly with the carport. Other than that, car has never been in an accident. New dual exhaust. Aluminized pipe from the collectors back. 2 ¼” pipes, straight pipes (no mufflers, sounds amesome) and chrome tips. Car was lowered 3” by way of cut coil on the front, blocks in the rear. Chrome and stainless in VERY nice shape. Doors all open and close, windows roll up and down, etc. All driving lights work except high-beam headlights (needs a dimmer switch). A lot of work has been put into this car to make it a running/driving car as it sat for a long time prior to being resurrected. Still needs some work but just regular stuff that could be done while you enjoy the car. Has an oil leak (appears to be the pan or the drain plug), transmission has a small leak (shifts excellent, haven’t had to add fluid yet), the heater core was bypassed years ago (I’m assuming it was leaking), etc. Just some small things that can be dealt with as you go.

Work completed so far includes:
    -Radiator was recored and painted
    -New T-stat housing and gasket
    -Converted to 12 volt system
    -Brand new electronic ignition (Mopar brand kit, new distributor and everything)
    -New plugs
    -New plug wires
    -Rebuilt carburetor
    -Gas tank was boiled out and painted
    -All new fuel lines
    -All new steel brake lines
    -All new rubber brake lines
    -All new brakes
    -All new wheel cylinders
    -Brand new dual exhaust with chrome tips
    -Original wheels were sandblasted and powdercoated in gloss black
    -New 4-bar hubcaps from Speedway Motors
    -New motor mount
    -New fan belt
    -NOS brake light switch
    -NOS driver’s side door latch assy (still in box)
    -NOS taillight lenses (still in box)
    -Restored original dash clock (still in box)
    -New windshield wipers
    -New shocks all around

The car is fun to drive and gets MANY looks. Very original and very solid car. Would make a perfect restoration project or patina-cruiser. Mixed feelings about selling. Not really wanting to sell but my interests have changed a bit and I’m wanting to go in another direction. $8900 OBO. Please call or text Greg at 503.739.1879 (leave message)
    049.JPG 044.JPG 046.JPG 048.JPG 032.JPG 033.JPG 041.JPG 052.JPG

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    SuRfAcE_RuSt likes this.
  2. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil
    from Vale, OR

3. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil
    from Vale, OR

4. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil
    from Vale, OR

5. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil
    from Vale, OR

6. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil
    from Vale, OR

Well, a couple of things have happened since I posted this so I'll post some updates. First off, my phone number has changed so I edited that in the original posting as well as adding it here (503.739.1879).

Secondly, since the original posting, the car got a shave job. I shaved the hood and trunk of the V-emblems and the "Dodge" scripts. Also gone are the "Coronet" scripts from the front fenders and the "V8"s under the quarter windows. I feel that it cleaned the car up quite a bit. See attached pictures.

I'd still like to get somewhere in the $7900 range but I'm open to offers. This could be such a cool mild custom and it's already on it's way!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  7. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil
    from Vale, OR

Damn...you're killing me here. $7500

8. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil
    from Vale, OR