Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Hog Shed Corvette

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by basicbob, Oct 30, 2013.

1. 55xgasr

55xgasr

Well this story gets better all the time! It's amazing what the power of the HAMB can do in finding out the history of a car and connecting with owners from the past! SoloSpeedShop Bill has connected with the guy that laid the cool '70's psychedelic paint job on the vette back in the mid 70's, Richie Ludens. Thus the "Paint By Richie" airbrushed on the rear of the car. He was 17 at the time he painted this gem.
    Recently, through this story posted on the HAMB, Bill was contacted by the former owner of the '61 Vette. He wrote up a nice storyline of his ownership of the car (Spring of '74 - Summer '75) as well as shared some great old photos. DIG!!!
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  2. 55xgasr

55xgasr

3. 55xgasr

55xgasr

4. 55xgasr

55xgasr

5. 55xgasr

55xgasr

6. 55xgasr

55xgasr

7. 55xgasr

55xgasr

8. 55xgasr

55xgasr

9. 55xgasr

55xgasr

10. Friggin' wow man !! That is a cool ass connection to make on this car. Gene Lang sir......you are bad ass !! Thread title or not, your Corvette is a bad boy to say the least !! Awesome, awesome stuff fellas' !! I love it. More slop please !! This shit tastes great !

1927graham likes this.
  11. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Guys!
    Hey Brad Tks for the note: Kidcampbell I like your excitement! Yes Gene who built this car has contacted me & a supper nice guy & he may just get his car back as i'm a softy only to the original builder! No matter how it goes down this Vette is very special & Yes The Hamb did connect us all! Bill @ Solo Speed Shop

kiwijeff, loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. c57heaven

c57heaven

Gene: Thank you for taking the time to inform us about the vette.
    Great story.

13. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

What a cool story! Makes you wonder about all the old cars found what's the real back story of them! Your doing this car well Solo keep up the good work1

14. NICE! Paint looks pretty good in the pics

15. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow. My husband told me about this thread and I have no idea how I missed it before. This is the coolest story ever. How wonderful that the owner from back in the day sent you all of that information and pictures. LOVE this vet. Over the top cool.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tks for all the replys! Ck out new Olskool Rods 2015 Vette got its pic in it! CQQL!
    HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO ALL! Bill /Solo Speed Shop

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  17. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very cool. Congrats.

18. stiktime

stiktime

Bill,
    Long time no see! Saw the post on the vet,great score. I have. 57FI & 62 . Will try to contact next time in area.
    Butch (RacePrep)

19. basicbob

basicbob

Hello Bill, congrats getting all the pictures & info from Gene. He has led quite a life including owning the Corvette.

Bob

20. Very cool.
    Gene, the title of the thread is just a part of the cars history, and its now being returned to its former glory.
    I hope you get a shot at getting it back, either way, its back in good hands for the whole world to see.

21. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

TKS BOB!
    If not for you this thread would not be read! Tks for all the replys Guys! Bill

22. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Attn: Hogshed Corvette Has a new owner!!! Well not new but original builder & owner Gene Lang is sitting at my house & just paid for it & has the title in his hand! When he gets home he will keep us all informed on progress of this Solo bitchin Car!!! Tks Bill @ Solo Speed Shop

23. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Congratulations, I guess, I'm sure you hate to see it go but it's great to see the car go back to the original builder. Ron

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  24. Dude. You are awesome. What a great thread.

loudbang likes this.
  25. ScooterCO

ScooterCO
    from Parker, CO

26. That vette just rules, and the story of the builder getting it back is even better...your a good guy Solo speed shop

27. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

40 Years ago Gene owned this car! He now owns it again! Look how happy he is! Tks Gene Bill! DSC04166.JPG DSC04167.JPG

OahuEli, kiwijeff, 1927graham and 2 others like this.
  28. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is fantastic that Gene has the car back again. Great story all the way around. Look forward to keeping an eye on this one. Merry Christmas to Gene.

jakespeed63 likes this.
  29. ...all choked up. :) Storybook ending. Bitchin' Ride.:cool:
    My nephew has my old '69 Nova SS...with explicit instructions not to ever sell it...except back to me. Was my first car in 1979, when I was 16. Sold it to him, to buy my house, 7 yrs ago.. Hopefully its coming down to Floriduh, this winter, to get some much needed TLC.
    JT

loudbang likes this.
  30. greaser

greaser

Awesome ending to your episode, Bill! You did it well, but the vette's saga continues, and heading down the best path possible. Congrats Gene! ..... I think the vette is actually smiling. :)