Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1960 T bird Ranchero

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Uncle G, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Uncle G

Uncle G
    from new jersey

---Where can you get one of these vehicles?

2. Go down to your friendly Ford dealer, plunk down the cash, bring home a brand new 1960 Tbird and get out the fire axe?

volvobrynk and 65COMET like this.
  3. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

If your local Ford Dealer tells you to go pack sand. You can always buy one 1960 T-Bird, and one 1960 Ranchero off your favorite auction or classified web site. Bring the 2 freshly purchased vehicles plus a suitcase full of cash to your local hot rod / custom shop and have them join the two cars together with the above mentioned fire wrench. Here is one for inspiration.

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. Studebakester

Studebakester
    from Oxnard, CA

I love that RanchBird. I think I'll build one. Anyone know who built this one? I would love to get some tips. Looks like it has a mild chop. db

5. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

That is waaay cool! I've owned 4 Rancheros and that one is more bitchin' than anyone I've owned or seen.

6. Studebakester

Studebakester
    from Oxnard, CA

I got a feeling this is a photoshop RanchBird. I really think I will build one, though. I love it. db

7. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

You wouldn't necessarily need a ranchero, they were just modified station wagons after all ..cool car!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

There was one on E-Bay several years ago, was an old build and not real nice but could have been with some work. I have a 60 mild custom and have considered finding another one and building a ranchero.

Attached Files:

9. In answer to your question you probably can't really buy one. They were not a factory built car, they were a custom built car.

But I don't doubt that one of two things can happen if you really want one. if you have deep pockets you can find a good shop and have them build you one. Or you can build it yourself if you have or are willing to learn the skills required.

10. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

11. y'sguy

y'sguy
    from Tulsa, OK

12. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

I think that is exactly what it is. Just has a little early 60's custom vibe going on with the panel paint job.