Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage gas altered coupe/vintage gas coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by catfishdog, Nov 24, 2014.

1. catfishdog

catfishdog
    from Miami

Experts have a quick question. I have a 1930 Ford model A Tudor that I want to convert in an XF/vgc or XF/vgalt class. I have the right motor And have read the rule book a few times, but I am still confused.

My first question is VGC class - do I need to run with fenders?

For the VGALT, can I run fender less, on 32 rails, with a dropped axel?

I thank you for your help

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Here is a VG/Alt. No front fenders. Can run without rear fenders. I did. For Gas coupe I think you need fenders. I believe the '32 frame would be OK. I really believe you should invest in a rule book and read it closely.

Attached Files:

3. catfishdog

catfishdog
    from Miami

Thank you so much for your reply. As stated I do have the rulebook and have read it multiple times it is just not clear enough.

4. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Well if you read the rule book you should have seen on page 66 that you may not remove fenders in VG/Coup, but you may remove fenders in V/Alt and run any frame in V/Alt

5. catfishdog

catfishdog
    from Miami

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1416872873.067012.jpg

Thanks again, but I fail to see where it says I can use any frame, I guess I have do defer to modified category classes. No big deal I'll figure it out

6. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

You have to cross reference to the Altered coupe section. The rules are the same in Vintage with the exception of the 48 or earlier body and mods that can be made to that body.

7. catfishdog

catfishdog
    from Miami

That is what I will do, thank you again. I'll spend some more time with the book. Heck maybe I'll ask my wife to translate it to me :)

8. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

It takes some time and experience to read and understand the rule book. Go ahead and write to the Vintage chair (Doug Robinson I think) if it just doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

9. catfishdog

catfishdog
    from Miami

Thanks Rich. I think I finally got it, section 5.d.2 has a clear description of the rules. Now to plan the build.