Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What's Your Favorite Thread on The HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TGallaher, Nov 23, 2014.

1. GW,you are one demented man. icon_lol.gif HRP

2. Gonna have to go with the "1940's period correct hot rods" thread.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

bct, barett and gwhite like this.
  3. Any thread on 26-27 roadsters/RPU's, any thread that shows back in the day stuff and salt lake cars. JW

gwhite likes this.
  4. 2muchstuff

2muchstuff
    from Eastern KS

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

A toss up between the 1937-1942 Willys picture thread and the Junior Stocker thread.
    Honorable mention to the Danny Glover gold mid-engined '57 thread, because gosh darn it, I want it to be found.

6. Most of the threads here are my "favorite" because I usually learn from each one. Oh....and of course ANY thread that involves a 1931 Dodge.

7. My favorite threads have always been one where I could call someone a dumb ass ( or they could do the same to me) and they knew that it is all in fun. Good information and good friendly ribbing on the side.

need louvers ? and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  8. My favorite threads are Vintage Shots From Days Gone By, The Bucket of Ugly A Deuglifying Thread and Vintage Sprint Car Pic. Thread.---And any thread about a Roadster.

9. I'm with you Bob, today these are my favorites along with the hardscrabble thread.

10. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love the Drag Cars in Motion thread too, but it has a SHOCKING number of pictures of drag cars that are not in motion. What is wrong with you people! :confused:

11. das858

das858

Drag cars in motion, any thing from king chassis, any of Bass hotrod builds.

12. Degenerate

Degenerate
    from Indiana

I like the cage less sprint car thread and anything with watson roadsters in it.

13. D type

D type
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Friday Art Show followed closely by Vintage Shots Of Daye Gone By (and thanks to all the talented artists that post there )

14. ...the two currently up about digging bodies out of river beds, road trip stories and the Friday art show....among others.

15. By far the best!

16. southerncad

southerncad

Am I the only person on here that thinks the Photoshop Thread to end all.....
    is anything but great? Great talent & great ideas!

tb33anda3rd and kidcampbell71 like this.
  17. Model T1

Model T1

Vintage Shots from Days Gone By and all of the rest.

18. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Mine would be the Eastwood Barakat 32 sedan rebuild. One reason is because P-Wood built the frame on my coupe (july 1985 issue of Rod Action Mag. page 26) and the other reason is I always liked that car....................

19. Yikes !! I can't pick one. My brain would explode. Too much input.....does not compute.....does not compute....

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  20. barett

barett
    from Taylor TX

As a young guy, I like the ones talking about the old days, think there's one like " oldest HAMBER tell us a story" or something similar... "Growing up I remember" I read a lot of fiction novels. And it's just as easy to get lost in the stories as it is one of my favorite books... Love it! And of course "days gone by" or any real build thread... However I won't lie to you, I'm ashamed I'll laugh form the shadows at the controversial ones too...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  21. Sitting and Rotting.

22. blue57ford

blue57ford

Can't pick one. Whether its tech or show coverage or stories, they're all good. Although I do admit I would really get into any thread where someone would ask for help in naming their car or car club.

23. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

LINDA VAUGHAN PIC'S!!!!!!!

24. 296ardun

296ardun

X2

Hands down the best traditional threads on here.[/QUOTE]
    X3, those pictures and stories are what the HAMB is all about, plus "Drag Cars in Motion," thanks again to RoyalShifter for starting it back in 2007

25. L7

L7

I can't pick a real hands-down favorite but, like "prewar cars" said that homemade tools thread is dynomite!
    I'm also very fond of all the tech week threads.
    I've had some good laughs involving threads about haunted cars and best things found in cars threads ;)

26. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Pretty much anything Ryan or Jive-bomber writes, the 37-42 Willys picture thread. the 55 Chevy gasser thread, any of the model A with a Hemi, Nailhead, or Caddy motor in it threads. Any of the rare speed parts threads (even the sbc ones).

27. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X4 on the "1940s Period Correct Hot Rods" and " Lakes Pictures P.R.C" .
    "Vintage Shots Of Days Gone By" is a daily visit for me as well.
    Those are my top three but there are a dozen or so build threads that I follow that are truly inspirational! This place is awesome!

28. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Any thread that Ngo Long Dong has posted on. Sadly it has been awhile.