Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>> 11/21/14 AA/FRIDAY ART SHOW <<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spoggie, Nov 20, 2014.

1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

+1 ............

2. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

THAT…… is so well done…just beautiful …speed,light,colour, dynamics and fantastic draftmanship….

4. Dan,
    Your photos look super in black and white or tint or what ever it is you do to them.. They look good

5. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

It's been a while since I last posted, been doing other kinds of artwork, I'm easily distracted and have no focus whatsoever. :D I figured the least I could do is pop in with a quick vintage photo pencil sketch. sketch254.jpg

David

beebing, Jigger, Cruisin' and 3 others like this.
  6. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

wonderful show everyone . i remembered it was friday on a friday how about that ! haha

working on the cooler for a auction in a few weeks at the Waynes speed shop toys for tots hot rod gathering .

10309496_10152822501203954_7493194924168070920_n.jpg

some art deco action
    10394816_10152416575065978_5789621090707349340_n.jpg
    and of course been working on xmas balls atomiccats.jpg

beebing, Jigger, Ruben Duran and 8 others like this.
  7. trying something new with effects to one of my pencil drawing. I call it staining ... IMG_2537.JPG

beebing, JBurt, slack and 1 other person like this.
  8. ......my late one for today......

Hood01.jpg

Jigger and Cruisin' like this.
  9. Great work everyone. Always good to see the many media types represented.

I had my coupe set printed recently I am currently working on a die-cut folder.
    SANY5075.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-11-22 at 3.36.52 pm.png

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    Mark A, robber, beebing and 8 others like this.
  10. A Photoshop toy...

07.gif

Mark A, kiwijeff, Rustomiser and 2 others like this.
  11. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks a lot John! I really like the color overlay on your drawing as well. It does add a new dimension to it.
    Thank you too Bob.

I like your close up detail shots, Dave (SoCalCarCulture)
    Beautiful ornaments Jen.
    Jimmy B - your die cut coupe set is very elegant and well done.

Jimmy B likes this.
  12. Frogz

Frogz

Robber, Bob & Dan thanks for your kind words.
    I really dig that FAS, really various. You are ALL top notch!

robber likes this.
  13. Here's something a day late...added some depth to a mundane ol' inker.

34_coupe-copy.jpg

Mark A, robber, Merlin and 8 others like this.
  14. Rustomiser

Rustomiser

Thanks for all the likes, AND the comments, really appreciated.

15. WOW ! now this coppery look I like a lot. Would you care to share the technique? ..John

16. John, it's photoshop color adjustment. I work with gray values with whatever brushes that I need (all layers in multiply), then I adjust opacity between layers, when satisfied - merge layers, and color adjust to whatever looks good.

17. Yes +1, thanks.
    Finished the rag holder mount plate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mark A, kiwijeff, beebing and 2 others like this.

18. Never… Good one Frogz!

[​IMG]

Mark A and Frogz like this.

19. Very beautiful work Jen. Did you happen to get the PM I sent you? Let me know one way or the other.Cheers!

20. Thanks to all the likers of my stuff, didn't get the one I was hoping to post up but will next week.
    Special thanks to robber, Wild Willy, 57~Bob and Dan G., not only for the kind words but also for your fine art work this week.

Willy, I like th Pontiac with the arrows, Dan, really like the lined up coupes,Chevy gasser and the last two. Good old black and white!. Marc the '34 looks awesome. Spoggie, never disappoints. Rustomiser, very, very nice. fiat gasser, killer brush work, Gary C. you already know what I think of yours, OT or not, Cruisin', love that '55, you do it justice.

Too many good ones to mention 'em all but a special kudos to our new member, 13 year old hotrodnick, You have a wonderful talent. Below I've posted sme I did when I was about your age. You are way ahead of the game. (keep all your drawings…)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    robber, Merlin and beebing like this.
  21. I'm on a roll, Ha Ha… hotrodnick, I was 15, a freshman in H.S. when I did these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

robber, Merlin and beebing like this.
  22. hotrodnick

hotrodnick

I will keep al my drawings thanks jigger

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. Lil John Buttera...now there's a name I haven't heard in awhile. He's from Kenosha, WI.
    I managed a auto glass shop in Kenosha and remember what I think was Dennis Rollain, co-owner of R&B automotive with Lil John back in the 60's (R&B still exists in Kenosha). I was at Dennis's home back in the 80's or early 90's replacing glass, parked in his garage was hot rods. I didn't know Dennis at the time, but I gravitated towards those hot rods and he begun telling me about his friend Lil John. I was blown away afterwards.

Jigger likes this.
  24. I haven't tried photoshop before but man that polished copper look is killer.

25. sambo

sambo

Sweet- there was a Revell model /root beer brown with that Lil John suspension and tube frame, I hated puttin those chassis' together! to advanced for me...maybe it wasn't brown. That's a '29 cowl on your's,right?
    It's cool though you can see your style you have now in that 55! I think, anyway. I was just looking at my old drawins too! (you and Nicks are alot better)

Jigger likes this.
  26. sambo

sambo

Amazing, Brother!

27. sambo

sambo

Jigger likes this.
  28. I suppose it is a '29 cowl Sambo, I was just faking it at the time. I have a page of sketches I did during a study hall. I was working from memory and a few were cars guys challenged me to draw. The sketches are pretty small too. At that time, I was a hot rod novice so blending features was common. I still have my Revell kit, I built it around this same time. It is Candy apple red over gold on the body and over dark red on the fenders. I used prismacolor pencils to create a mural on the optional Panel delivery filler panels. I also used fuzzy cloth for carpet and 'wood' contact paper for paneling, Ha Ha. It is in pieces ready for a restoration. I think I will build it as intended rather that salvage my mess. I'll post pictures on the Sunday Models thread today some time. Ha ha! Thanks for all the comments guys.

29. rooman

rooman

Somewhat off topic (as in not art) but both Buttera and Rollain have gone to the big hot rod shop in the sky. John had a stroke the year that he was an honoree at the CHRR and Dennis died in an accident a year or two ago. Also late "T" bodies had a cowl that was a lot like an 28/9 A so you were correct Mark.

Roo

Jigger likes this.