Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Cool Homebuilt Pedals, Let's see em!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marfen, Nov 20, 2014.

1. marfen

marfen
    from sask

It's time to show off those cool clutch, brake and gas pedals you spent all that time building!

2. I'm sure a lot of cool pedals will be posted but i just had to post the photo of the pedal my father-in-law rigged up in the wagon after the gas pedal failed on a fishing trip.

He pulled the hinge off a old outhouse. :D

Proof positive..necessity really is the mother of invention. HRP

54floor-vi.jpg

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice one HRP, I've seen a few on old Dirt Track race cars made the same way. Bob

4. lucky-13

lucky-13
    from Sacramento

Have so many hours in my bake pedal. I know it's on the wrong side of the column

Attached Files:

5. Here's the old loud pedal from my first Model A hot rod. Sure glad the H.S. band teacher never spotted it. I'd of been in trouble. This and a broken piston are all I have left of that first car. As soon as I do a little adapting, it'll go in my 30 coupe.

ynottayblock likes this.
  6. Canuck

Canuck

Pedal that is going into my coupe. Gets a little cluttered on the firewall side but has a vertical throttle return spring, same as the donor Riv and mounts a control switch for the SP400.
    [​IMG]
    Canuck

7. Actually wound re-working an old spoon pedal to work with the edelbrock instead of using this.

Attached Files:

• 227.JPG
      227.JPG
      File size:
      456.2 KB
      Views:
    Jakesrocks likes this.
  8. 63dan63

63dan63

pedals.jpg

belt buckles

9. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

My work in progress gas pedal.
    [​IMG]
    Blue

10. I used diamond plate in my 46 dodge.
    [​IMG]

11. I remember seeing a roadster at one of the Goodguys shows in the mid 90's, that had a Singer sewing machine pedal for a throttle pedal. If I'm not mistaken, it was a track T with an Offy banger in it. I thought that pedal was just too cool.

12. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

My brake pedal.
    [​IMG]
    Blue

13. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Nice improvisation. Don't let the secret out to the rat rodders, they'll drive up the prices on rusty outhouse hinges!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. topfuel55

topfuel55
    from Hebron IN

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1421535879.203524.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1421535893.326391.jpg
    I built this gas pedal to be adjustable because you can't move the seat in my car. The second picture is the start of the clutch and brake pedal. All three are all on bearings and work like butta! Thanks for lookin.

15. Very impressive TOPFUEL55. I love those!!!

16. tonebender

tonebender

Installed this one today in my '52 Poncho Chieftain - modified early 70s Slingerland kick drum pedal - so far it out performs those sticky Toyota and Lexus pedals.

Attached Files:

17. topfuel55

topfuel55
    from Hebron IN

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1421548313.059467.jpg
    This is another pic of my clutch pedal done. The pedal itself was influenced by the aileron pedal from a B-17. The lever is plate that I machined then worked over with a needle scaler. That gives a cool cast like finish.

18. WillyKJr

WillyKJr
    from Blackstone

Love the needle scaler effect on the edges. Nice. I will be stealing that "technique" just so ya know ;)

19. topfuel55

topfuel55
    from Hebron IN

Steal away, sir. I used the scaler on all the aluminum parts I built for my car. I have a mill and would've been a straight hero in the 80's but I wanted the parts to look cast.....so, all the machined parts got molested with the "scaler of death". Since my name is Dan my parts aren't sand cast they're Dan-cast, I'm here all week tip your wait staff!

20. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

NEEDLE SCALER TRICK SOUNDS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS THINKING OF A BLAST CABINET TO CREATE A SIMILAR EFFECT ON HOT HEADS BILLET THERMOSTAT HOUSING, NOW I CAN TRY BOTH AND COMPARE THEM

21. robber

robber

Jg_800[1].jpg Here's my "spoon" style gas pedal withe some added engraving... :)

BarryA likes this.
  22. topfuel55

topfuel55
    from Hebron IN

Blasting gives a surface, but to me it's not defined enough. The scaler after dulling the needles gives a real random pattern. I learned to dull the needles and run them loose and move fast over the surface. Go over and over the same area. Also think about how a part comes out of a sand mold and how they're machine finished, fooling the eye is achieved by scaling areas that wouldn't have be touched when finished. I also thought about the spots where the risers would've been cut off the " cast " parts and rough ground a section to look like the riser had been cut off. I've had several people ask me where I got all the castings.... But then I had people ask me if my car was a Kit car if that tells you what people know.

23. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

ImageUploadedByTJJ1421554247.738019.jpg

I'll play these are a set I made to work with the crossmember and hydro clutch setup for my t-5 flathead setup..

Mostly for the challenge and I hate buying things

ImageUploadedByTJJ1421554417.203060.jpg

Started as some surface rusty plate

Little torching, band sawing, milling, and drilling

ImageUploadedByTJJ1421554502.268583.jpg

Some lathe work on some scrap for the brake and clutch rod
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1421554557.985208.jpg

Clutch pedal push is extremely easy.. Pushes about as hard as a new car.