Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1936-1938 chevy truck crash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucky-13, Nov 18, 2014.

1. lucky-13

lucky-13
    from Sacramento

I saw this today and I was wondering if anyone had any information on the driver ? Not hamb friendly build I know.

Attached Files:

2. 66gmc

66gmc

must have been a lousy welder for the frame to tear in half and the roof to shear off like that. I wonder if the welds broke before or after the accident.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

geeze loueeze, look at the frame. hope the guy is OK, and I hope he finds another hobby or takes a welding class:eek:

ems customer service likes this.
  4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

5. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Wonder when that crash happened? Pretty scary! Would like to hear the details of that crash. Gene

6. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

What did it take to knock the dual carbs off the manifold? Impact? I doubt it. RINALDI

7. lucky-13

lucky-13
    from Sacramento

not really sure on the time line because i took the picture at midnight mass this year. And it looks like maybe it rear ended something after the z in the frame broke.

8. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As terrible as the build may be my first thoughts are for the driver and any passenger, hopefully they are in not too bad shape. Good luck to all involved in this incident.

Doc.

9. My thought are with anyone else on the road anywhere near things like that.

10. deadbeat

deadbeat

I found this on the link and it isn't me,just thought I would share for those interested. Not nice to see any one wreck in our hobby, but he sounds like he is ok which is the main thing I guess

I'm the driver and owner of the truck... thanks for all the concerns and opinions but let me explain what happened before anyone continues with their assumptions. First off...I'm an owner of multiple hot rods however we do not own or operate a custom shop. This picture is an example of hitting a wall at 65 mph. So do I need say anything further? If you want to know what actually happened, the lower four link heim joint broke which was purchased by a reputable manufacture which I won't mention, which caused the rear end to shift and then sent the truck into a right side drifting motion into the concrete wall.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/news/nastiest-hot-rod-crash-weve-seen/#ixzz3JVMn1osz
    Follow us: @HotRodMagazine on Twitter | HotRodMag on Facebook

11. lolife

lolife

I have a 32 that has been all over but I really don't like to drive on the freeways. Well, I like the speed, but they are in such bad condition that it worry's me. Going 70 in a straight axle, and hitting a pot-hole or dropped objects takes its toll. I'd rather take the back roads, which aren't in any better condition, but less energy is absorbed from all the hits.

12. Looks pretty darn low to be called a "highboy" in the article....

13. lucky-13

lucky-13
    from Sacramento

well glad to hear the guy is ok thanks for the information guys.

14. Looking at the crash pic gets me wondering, did it hit something or did it just break and smash its self up. The headlights and grille don't appear that damaged.
    Glad anyone involved are ok all the same. JW

15. ridenlow559

ridenlow559

Same here. Hope everyone made it out safe. I know it's a @&$ rod, and don't care for them, but man at least spend the time and or money to make it a safe ride.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!