Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Cool features youve noticed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Nov 18, 2014.

1. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I will start by saying I like 61 fords even tho they do have kind of a funky frontend but they have grown on me, you could say the frontends are kind of funky,ugly,cool.
    (A 61 wagon has been on my list for a while now)

But anyway I have been around a few and saw a bunch of pics but I never noticed the door handles til this past weekend when my son and I went into the Stars Cars museum in Gatlinburg Tenn. and we saw Andy Griffiths and Barnys 61 they used in the show.

Man what a cool feature, the trim and the pull are one, after more research I noticed the
    thunderbirds are like that too, I wish I had a nicer cleaner lookin pic to share that was as impressive as the one we saw, but here ya go anyway these pics were the best I could come across.

Anyone else got any particular cool classic feature they like that may or may not have
    been noticed?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. That is kinda cool.

3. 8flat

8flat

I've noticed that also and thought it was a pretty smart design, those handles are strong too.

This is way more technical than aesthetic, but my '51 F1 has fine-thread bolts for pretty much every fastener on the entire truck. Quality.

4. So, you don't actually pull the handle, you hold it and push the button?

5. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Push the button in and pull the door open by the pull/handle like most back then, Its just a little twist on that concept that looks cool with the pull being part of the trim.

6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Heres a couple more common ones to me and maybe most, but Im sure there are some youngins out there that never new.
    56 and 57 chev gas fill port.

..... just lookin for cool features that someone likes that others may or may not have noticed or appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  7. That's cool, I knew about the 57 buy never knew the 56 had it too.
    -Pat

8. Mid 60's Riviera has door handles at both ends so, the rear passengers can open up the door... I think it's pretty neat.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1416367578.941828.jpg

Dustin

low budget likes this.
  9. Gee, I noticed the Ford door handles in 1961, as a 9 year old kid, I was really impressed.

10. rfraze

rfraze

Another cool feature of 63-6 Riviera is that the outer door skin is a bolt on. Makes working on windows easy, AFTER you figure out the secret.

11. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Never noticed that on the revi door but that is very cool, heres one I like on this 64/65 buick, partially I guess because I remember looking through them at the sky as my parents drove when I was very young.
    again this may be kind of common but a very cool feature, to me anyway.
    [​IMG]

I also remember seeing a hood ornament on something 30s or 40s maybe that doubled as a hood release handle, that I thought was pretty cool but I cant seem to find it.

12. daliant

daliant