Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Kustom From Outer Space..France calling.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ratatouille, Sep 3, 2014.

1. smidje

smidje

best looking Renault ever. hands down....
    I built my car in a no heat 1 wall + roof carport... that was a challenge. I can only imagine how big a challenge this has been with no roof at all. respect man, respect.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. millersgarage

millersgarage

WOW, WOW, WOW, and, um....WOW!

3. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Hello everybody, not real news, i'm working on the interior panel, an it's time to choose some leather upholstery. I think white vinyl is the real classic.......new pic soon.....;-) [​IMG]

4. cmarcus

cmarcus

White. All white tuck n roll, with some orange piping.

5. Zerk

Zerk

Looking forward to pics.

6. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Pure white may be too harsh I think an off white would be better.....but it's your car and you've done a great job so far

chryslerfan55 and 51 BIRD like this.
  7. I'm always on the 52-59 social group so I missed this thread.
    All I can say is I'm stoked. What the He!!... you've got some real skills man.
    Salut from Portugal.

8. Awesome build thread! Please keep the updates coming.

DenK likes this.
  9. VEDETTE

VEDETTE
    from FRANCE

Bon.. pas tres causant avec les frenchies notre Ratatouille..

10. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Hello Guys, nothing special, the bad weather is here again, so i must wait the sunny day to work again on my car. I have just received 4 new shock absorber, 6v leds, and the rolls and pleats vinyl .....[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and volvobrynk like this.
  11. Simply amazing, the whole story and outcome!...you are a diehard.

DallasVW171 likes this.
  12. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT FINISHED... U HAVE INSPIRED ME TO GET OFF MY ASS AND GET MY BUICK RUNNING..

13. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

I just dropped by on the H.A.M.B. for a quick look and found your thread. I have stayed to read the whole thing as it is a unique build and accomplished with minimal tools in a sometime hostile environment. I can imagine what you could accomplish with the a shop and the right tools. Eliminating those extra doors sure helps the looks of the car along with the top chop. Looking forward to more photos of your build. Nice front end look too.

14. Rustomiser

Rustomiser

Hi Rat,..I've just come across this thread also and read from start to present day,...amazing job, amazing talent!

15. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Wow, come a long way. Who'd have thought that little car could look like that now.

16. seatex

seatex

Vive Le Frigate!

17. Really enjoying this thread, quite interesting, better than some I've seen.

18. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Thank you guys for your great messages, and support, it's only pleasure, and a lot of fun. This sunday is a rainny day, so i check the 6v leds bulbs, it's ok for the rear light and stop signal. I must find or build something cool about the turn light lense. Maybe across the license plate...at this time, i don't know....
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  19. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

I love new old stock parts......tomorrow, if the floor is not too wet by the rain, i mount my new shock absorber...[​IMG]

20. slider's house of kustoms

slider's house of kustoms
    from idaho

Ratatouille: what an amazing build! love it! Always wondered, if you french a headlight in France isn't it just considered a headlight?

Woogeroo, kidcampbell71 and timwhit like this.
  21. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

:) It's a strange oversea definition, like when you ask "French Fries", it's in fact Belgium made! call "frites".....
    Anyway, for us, in France, the frenched headlight is a term come from USA, certainly your definition of the 1930's french designers view and styling, but in fact, no one of them have weld the headlight bezel to the body......in France we say "tu as Frencher les phares" (means you have weld the bezel to the body and put the headlight bulb in a tube, like the American style!...but we respect your definition term "Frenched" for the light, and "Tunneling" for accessories like antenna, but for us is the same result, put something in a tube like you people from America), it's what we call "Franglais", an American word to define something in French.......
    [​IMG]

Is it a "French Leadsled"? i don't think so, it's a Delage from 1938, ok it's cool, but i'm not Jay Leno, and the language is so mysterious, and come from long ago and far away.....have you ever eat some "Ratatouille"?, it's not a rat like my avatar, it's my grand mother speciality food.....no rats inside! ;);););):D

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  22. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

Yes thanks. I'll have a piece without so much rat in it....

23. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

Seriously impressed. The vision, the persistence, the outcome.
    Never would I have guessed that old rustbomb would become such a sleek, amazing machine.
    I love it. And it's different.

24. I remember reading this some time back, but reread it all again.
    Love the whole thing.
    The beautiful girls will be lining up for rides.
    Keep up the great work, your almost done.

25. Vive la custom!
    Wow. You have done more work with less anything!
    Amazing

26. DjNeil

DjNeil

Great to see it.
    I've heard your name mentioned around France on the Kruzin forum
    Good luck from Toulouse

27. Ratatouille; Hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of putting together a before and after shot to keep from scrolling back and forth. Just a fantastic job especially considering where you worked and what you had to work with. :)

renault2.jpg

28. Impressive vision and talent Ratatouille!

I'm not sure what you call these in France, but over here these are "French Cuffs" as seen on formal wear. Story I heard was that welding the headlight bezel to the fender resulted in a French Cuff appearance - thus "frenched"...

FrenchCuff.png

Dave

chryslerfan55 and jakespeed63 like this.
  29. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Hello rodncustomdreams, thanks for your message, the picture that you show is call "manchette", French Cuffs is your translation.
    That's what i said in my last post, someone in American have think about something "so french", and have deceided to "Frenched headlight" maybe in his mind the vision of the French Cuffs.....i don't know the real story, and i'm not base in the right place to ask you about your culture....the only thing i can say is that was very cool to refere the name "French" to something create in USA. "French Cuffs" can be the origine of this term....who knows....? But if it's the real story, i agree, thanks for your explain and culture.:)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  30. slider's house of kustoms

slider's house of kustoms
    from idaho

Ratatouille: Yes I have prepared and eaten Ratatouille before :) Thanks for the reply and rodncustomdreams for his insight! Needless to say, Wonderful job on the car and thank you for giving me some ammunition for those over here who say the need a place to build the car before they can build it. Showing your progress has really opens some eyes of my fellow car guys. If you want it bad enough you jump in and do it! An amazing job so far keep up the posting!