Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What Games to play at a cruz ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Docfranknstein, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Oh, that's funny as hell!!! LMAO!!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. Who remembers Rod Jousting?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. Yeah Don,I remember that.

Back in the early days of NSRA they had a lot of fun with games,that's where I first tried the ski racing.

What was the slogan at that time?..."Fun with cars". HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. That only proves two things, Danny. One: We're old........Two: At least out memories are still working, sometimes.:);)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. I participated in the rod joust with my old friend Rene' in his Anglia,we had a blast. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  6. Did it a few times back in the day

7. And the straw cowboy hats with feathers. :D HRP

8. rfraze

rfraze

How about a relay game called The BOP? You're gonna love this one.
    Mark off lanes 50' or longer with masking tape, chalk, whatever. Choose up teams. Each lane gets one BOP kit (drop a 3" water balloon in one leg of ladies nylons and place an almost round grapefruit on the ground) Seriously! Half of each team goes to opposite ends of their lane.
    Game starts with first competitors wrapping nylon around their waist and holding (NOT TIEING) the other end so that water balloon dangles between their legs, at about ground level. Players have to move their bodies to swing the dangler to BOP the grapefruit down the lane, then hand off the nylon to the next team member on opposite end. First team to finish are The BIG Boppers.
    Be sure to get video.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  9. Lmao !
    Though I'd rather watch pickle licking than a pseudo nut sack smacking a grape fruit it sounds funny.

i.rant likes this.
  10. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Name that tail light. Get as many flash cards made up of pictures of old tail lights as you can and see who gets the most correct in a timed session.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Thanks for all the great ideas, I don't know if We have a good spot for the slow drags, but they have been very fun in the past, My buddy Hip had a 59 Chevy truck with a 6 and granny low 3 speed, He was unbeatable, wow chicken poop poker, fuuuunny ,We have a guy in My town that some of Us say makes a chicken do His pinstriping, but that would be a way for Him to get extra " mileage" from His chicken hahaha, I had forgoten about the valve spring drop, We used to play that to, any more Ideas ? Von Doc

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. Big_John

Big_John
    from Upstate NY

We did an engine block toss at a car show we put on. That was on all the flyers with no other details.

We had three divisions, small and big blocks along with a kid's division. We used big lawn tractor engine blocks for the big block, lawn mower engine blocks for the small blocks and weed eater engine blocks for the little kids.

It went over really big and we had a lot of laughs.

volvobrynk and i.rant like this.
  13. chubbie

chubbie

tried to find some pictures of our valve cover races, only found OLD ones but you should get the idea. use skate wheels or what ever you can find we limit the weight to 5 lbs. the ramp/track is different every time.

Attached Files:

14. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

You can also.do creeper races, run the creepers thru an obstacle course around and under stuff like two chairs with a bucket of water balanced on a board streched between them. Blind driver races thru a course are also fun with the driver blindfolded and the passenger guiding them thru the course.

15. We do loud mouth drags

16. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

really?
    here's a new one...DRIVE your cars on a reliability run, or a poker run. It's not a Rod Run or a Cruise if the car never moves out of the parking lot.

and I swear, the next person to use a Z for an S, I'm gonna poke you in the eye with a Ztick

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  17. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

There is also a wet T shirt contest where you have to transfer water from one set of buckets to another set by soaking it up with an old T shirt and wringing it out in the other bucket

kidcampbell71 and volvobrynk like this.
  18. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

They used to do a really cool poker run along with a trivia type scavenger hunt for one of ou local shows, they were alot of fun

19. No one has mentioned that if you want to shorten the interval between chicken poops feed the chicken dried peas, it gives them the poops, but doesn't hurt them. Make sure you have water available for the chicken, as they will become dehydrated within a short time.

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. ...............More information than I really need.:D

21. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Geez Larry,
    The car show I chair is named Wheelz, Dealz and Mealz. I only have two eyes. Pleaze reconsider the punishment.

22. nlualum82

nlualum82
    from Oregon

I keep recalling the days when I was lusting for a street rod and shows usually had a club volleyball tournament. When I got back into it with my truck it ebentually hit me that they weren't doing that anymore. The only reason I could figure was the age of the typical rodder these days.

23. So if being an older guy leering at girls makes one a ''creeper'' (today's lingo), Then 2 guys on creepers would be a ''creeper vs. creeper, creeper race.

24. Think it was at Sioux Falls, they had a scaled down "A", no windows and backwards steering.
    Your "pushing" team had to give your "blind" driver steering info to run a course with backing, parking, three point turns, etc. The reversed steering made it crazy.
    Was always hoping someone would haul it down for Back to the 50's.

25. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

cry baby doll punting contest.

RICH B, tb33anda3rd, da34guy and 2 others like this.
  26. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Miss all these, grew up going to shows with games, now its nothing but sitting in a parking lot doing nothing.

We had an old riding lawnmower at our show, no motor or mower left, it was push powered. A rider drove it through a cone course and back while another pushed. Sounds simple right? The steering was reversed, turn right, go left. Many an injury on it but pretty fun.
    Dad was afraid he would have to reverse the steering on my car when I started driving I'd played with it so much growing up.
    If you're from Nebraska, or parts of Colorado you might just remember the Green Hornet from the Big Mac Rod Run.

27. Games to play at a cruz, well le's see in the past I have been know to dribble a little oil under someone's punkin, pull battery cables and even slip a piece of cigarette cellophane between someone's points.o_O:D

Oh you meant games like Pin The Tail On The Donkey and party like games didn't you. :p :D

If you have dirt or grass the tire pull/ride is always fun. Oh that's more of a scooter trash thing isn't it. naw I got nuthin for ya.

volvobrynk likes this.
  28. Gman0046

Gman0046

Cry Baby doll skeet shoot is always fun.

29. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

30. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Well Larry I live in BFE so every run is a reliability run for Me, and the place I'm looking to have a spring time show is also in the middle of nowhere ( just further west ) , sooo Yeah there is gonna be some driving going on, I just want some fun games to play when We all get there. Von Doc

3wLarry likes this.