Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mcphails fairlane wrecked....totaled

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by finkd, Dec 5, 2011.

1. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

2. henry29

henry29

Don't see any pics.

3. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

some of the pics I havn't posted yet...

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

and the painting process, more tomarrow. a lil more blending then clear...

Attached Files:

5. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

and color....

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very sweet. Nice save!

7. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

8. rd4pin

rd4pin
    from louisiana

What he said X 2

9. Very, VERY, impressive repair.

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I saw this thread early on, thought it was a hell of a shame. Glad to see its being saved. Nice work.

11. vintage tin

vintage tin

Good to see that car repaired.

- Loved it when I first saw it in Rod and Custom.
    - Absolutely wanted it when it was for sale.
    - Disappointed when it was hurt.
    - Happy to see it fixed.

12. Glad to see this car was fixed... Looks great !

13. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

A good summary right there !

14. k-member

k-member

What a story, nice save!

15. juras

juras

I haven't posted in a while, time to give a partial update, more to come soon... as some of you might know via jeff's facebook page, the fairlane's done at last and has been so for the past couple of months now...

[edit] now that think of it, more like nearly 4 months or so...

it's probably in better shape now than when I bought it, and it was in near pristine shape then... I'm just waiting to have enough bucks for a primo covered transport to get it back here in joysie... can't wait even though I've deteriorated quite badly as far as physical shape goes from being grounded in bed for these past 2.5 years since the accident... hopefully, i'll still be able to get in/out of the car on my own eventually and drive it....

there's another aspect of this ordeal I've been through some of you asked about, here on the thread, and privately via messages here and on facebook... namely the grundy worldwide insurance [or more correctly - philadelphia insurance groups, grundy is their classic car division as I understand it] and how did they conduct themselves... I promised to give my final assessment on this once the whole ordeal would be over...

it now almost is at last and...well, initially I was ok with them because it seemed that they were going to cover my ass as far as medical bills, etc., as it was stipulated on the policy contract [amount of med coverage and agreed value] I chose and signed....but in light of most recent events, it seems as if I was hung out to dry and might actually have to pay about $12k - $13k out of my own kitty for much of the medical treatment I had to receive and that is definitely not okay with me...

as per the 'rules', I gave their name/policy number for all medical treatment I've received for injuries stemming from the accident instead of my own regular health insurance [medicare/medicaid] and I thought that they were being paid.... however, much later on, I started to suddenly regularly receive a bunch of bills from hospitals which were unpaid for more than a year... now I'm being threatened with 30 day official notice letters from a lawyer firm acting on behalf of hospitals for unpaid bills and it doesn't seem that grundy will honor the contract I've signed with them...
    in fact, I've been having major problems getting hold of anyone, including my assigned claim adjuster rep for this case/accident, for many months now and they've been completely incommunicado since beginning of march despite my numerous e-mails and phone messages....

so, yes...the policy sounds/looks good on paper but in practice apparently things work out quite differently.... unless, someone responds to my attempts to contact them within a week or so - and straightens out the financial mess I've suddenly found myself in - I will DEFINITELY NOT continue to be grundy's customer any longer and will switch to any of the competing 'classic car' companies asap... I can only describe my own experience of course, you draw your own conclusions....

I also had to sign a non-disclosure contract wiith my lawyer who handles this case so I'm unable to talk about the accident anymore nor about the party who caused it...please don't ask then....i'll simply ignore any such questions....

meanwhile, I will post some photos of the car soon after i'll finally have it here...hopefully before this month [may] is out....

cheers - jerzy....
    };->

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  16. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG] here are some pics of the completed repair. car is back at home with the current care taker, jerzy. I haven't heard anything from him since he got the car back, but I do know he took it to the big east coast show.

17. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

18. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Looks Great!

19. The magic man !! Nice work fellas. Great save.

20. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

good to see it back together

21. juras

juras

22. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Dam that sucks, But I think that it might buff out.

23. metalman

metalman

juras likes this.
  24. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

Has everyone forgotten how to operate a frame machine? Or even a Kansas Jack? I'd pull it and skin the door. It's hardly "Totalled"

25. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

You guys realize the car is fixed (by the original builder) and better than ever...He bumped it to gain interest in his 'for sale' ad.
    At this price it's a steal. Someone is gonna get a damn good deal on one of the most iconic kustoms of this century.

juras, Sancho and Squablow like this.
  26. Squablow

Squablow

This thread is like 5 years old, it's been fixed for a long time.

Car is a crazy good bargain at it's current sale price, I'm shocked it's not already gone. Where's the custom love, people!?

juras, LOST ANGEL and Sancho like this.
  27. WOW what a story.I hope you made out o.k with the bus co.Take care Bruce.

juras likes this.
  28. juras

juras

THIS RIDE IS SOLD....
    gone to pa, into good hands and a cool dude.....