Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Hillbilly Coupe Finally Gets upholstery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blues65, Oct 25, 2014.

1. LETS TRY THIS AGAIN
    Some of you living in the Northern California area may remember “Hillbilly” (Scott Green). He began building my coupe some time ago with the help of the Strangers and the Custom Shifters. I have been working nonstop on this car since I bought it four years ago and it’s finally ready for an interior. I turned it over to Mona at ABC Auto Upholstery last week. Here are some photos of the progress.

DSCN1230-S.jpg DSCN1227-s.jpg DSCN1229-SM.jpg

Hotrodmyk and tmfcracing like this.
  2. Looks great to me my friend. More please !

3. Ill bet your excited! Car looks great btw

4. Keep the photo's coming. HRP

5. Thanks Guy’s, I am really stoked!
    I’m going by Mona's shop Monday afternoon and will update the thread with new pictures when I return. In the meantime;
    I met Hillbilly at Oak Tree Mazda a few years ago when he was back in the Bay Area. We talked about the coupe mostly and he liked the work I had done to it. Then he told me the body was from an old San Jose Show car from the ‘60s. That car was rolled and the top crushed, So, Scott found another body which was completely rusted below the belt line. He then set out to join the rusted out body’s top onto the rolled body at the beltline. He pointed out one very slight imperfection at the beltline near the front. The picture below is Sean (left) and Randy (right) of the Strangers Car Club. They helped Scot t weld the body together and fill the roof opening with a salvaged Mustang roof.

6. Went by Mona's shop this afternoon, the Package Tray Pleated Cover is bonded in place and the rear carpet panel with the tan pocket is bonded in place.
    DSCN1231 SMAL.jpg

7. The E-Brake Cover is fitted in place and the carpet piping is being detailed & stitched.
    DSCN1232 - SMAL.jpg

dana barlow likes this.
  8. The windshield motor and linkage will be hidden by a wooden box structure with cubby's on the driver & passenger side for DMV/Insurance wallet, sunglasses and other small items (not much place to put stuff in a Model A Coupe).
    DSCN1233 - SMAL.jpg

dana barlow likes this.
  9. The Carpet is nearly Complete

DSCN1238 - SMAL.jpg

dana barlow likes this.
  10. Hi Guy’s’
    The upholstery is finally finished and thanks to Mona & her crew it was finished in time to drive the Coupe in the San Jose Veterans Day Parade yesterday. Here are the final photos for the thread, if your going to Ronnie’s Gathering I’ll see you there.

11. Looks real good man. Congrats, always feels good to get something finished up.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. oh man, that's looks great.

13. Nice work,I like the pattern on the doors. HRP

14. loudbang

loudbang

Real nice job they did looks great.

15. Thank you... Mona's crew does outstanding work and went out of their way to make sure it was done in time to drive in the San Jose Veterans Day Parade. I had a Navy Captain (former C.O. of Moffett Field) passenger with me. I told him this might be the first time a Marine (I was in uniform) has ever transported a Sailor.
    DSCN1250 Small.jpg

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  16. loudbang

loudbang

Yea but those squids are always serving as our waterborne taxis LOL.

17. Roger That loudbang; Semper Fi

loudbang likes this.