Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Back from SEMA in one piece

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Back from SEMA in one piece

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. brjnelson

brjnelson

My cherry has been broken, all 4 days at SEMA.
    [​IMG]

3. I love SEMA. Made the trip twice, and still have never been to "Vegas". Every time, I have gone....SEMA is all I ever see. I agree 100% with your post, next time drag your feet thru' the event though, see it in two days....and just like me...don't make it to the VEGAS part. Fun ! My non car friends don't get that part at all. What ? YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO VEGAS ! ? lol, nope! Can't wait to go again...

4. the-rodster

the-rodster

5. 5632

I have gone for many years. Again my son and I went and he has some new cell phone that will tell you how many steps you take. I was blown away when on the first day Tuesday we took 33,000 steps. We did not go through the tire display.

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks. yep, I did a one day forced march through SEMA too. does not give you time to soak in all of the eye candy and amazing parts produced.

7. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Happy to see im not the only one who hates that headlight in the hood of an otherwise amazing car

8. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ha – the rodster beat me to it.

It is interesting – looks like some sort of accoutrement Ken Fenical would come up with to me.

9. Iron Dog

Iron Dog
    from Minnesota

I would be interested in finding out more about the strange alien light.

10. Loved the 59 Pontiac wagon, one of my early cars, got teased for driving a grandma car but that was mostly by guys who didn't have wheels of their own.

11. i can't imagine trying to "see" it in one day. i did not see it all in 3.5 days. it was a lot to take in.
    kidcambell71 i was never a fan of vegas, the last time i was there was 30 years ago, we came in at night looked around a little went to the hotel. when we woke in the morning it was gross/dirty....we left. this trip we stayed in a nice place near sema and enjoyed the nightlife once sema was done for the day....... changed my mind about vegas.....VIVA LAS VEGAS!
    some tips;
    don't pretend to be the guy on the sign the limo driver is holding up at the airport. you might end up way across town.
    don't check out what the drivetrain the brinks truck is running.
    skinny dipping in the pool and hot tub at the hotel is not allowed and no bathing in the fountain out front no matter what your wearing.
    don't try to rid the bar of alcohol......they just keep getting more.:D

loudbang likes this.
  12. brjnelson

brjnelson

This was my WTF moment, when we first walked by there was a guy playing a violin and the girls were doing their thing, I thought how odd, but now it makes sense, they sell big wheels and have to cater to Saudi Sheik's and basketball players.
    [​IMG]

13. the-rodster

the-rodster

Pete, Billy, and Jimmy have lost they're damn minds....

14. flamingokid

flamingokid

SEMA is like CES,you need to spend every day there to take it all in.

15. crob1

crob1
    from Colorado

We went last year, but didn't make it this year. We heard someone say that if you walked the whole show, it's like walking 62 miles! What an AWESOME show for car enthusiasts! The SEMA parade is the best part of the whole thing in our opinions.

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

even a "dream" from Billy Gibbons does not explain why going forward with a "hood light"".

17. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

18. i did not know or cared what they were promoting but that jazz violinist was REALLY good.

19. autobilly

autobilly

I guess it saves taking the headlights off before a run during the day.

20. seatex

seatex

Cyclops................dream or no, I ain't feelin' it.

21. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

We were there for two days ... Then my 72 yr old legs began to tell me to go home. Spent a full day just in the central hall with the Performance and Speed equipment stuff. And there were more LS motors there than any other single place aside from the factory.

22. toml24

toml24

In 2 1/4 days I saw the SEMA and AAPEX shows. I picked up as many canvas bags as I could carry that have been given to family members to serve as re-usable super market bags in California. My rewards for all this are very painful toes and feet. I still could have used another day to see everything. The best item I picked up was a can of Simoniz NITRO Xtreme Gloss Tire Dressing. Hope the stuff works!

23. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

Was there for it all,my legs are still sore!,I have a hard time taking it all in,it is to overwhelming and is really worth a visit if you can make it at all.Walked steady for 4 days and still never seen it all,there were somethings that i did not stop at,lots of neat new products that i would not have heard about if i did not go,it is really worth a trip,and i also did not see Vegas,left at 5 pm on friday and drove a rental car to California for 3 days,had a blast in LA . Harvey

24. 1949*john

1949*john

that 34 has one eye so all I needs now is a horn and paint it purple . wtf

25. yruhot

yruhot

Don;t feel bad guys.lol. I live in LasVegas and never see "Vegas" Thats why I have money to build the cars I like. Trust me you haven't missed a thing. I envy you guys who don't have Slot and poker machines in your Food stores,7/11's, gas stations etc. This place can fuck up a lot of people and their families. Sorry don't mean to be a buz kill but it has some nice sides. You just got to look a little harder than most places.YRUHOT............Doug

loudbang likes this.
  26. gecko54

gecko54
    from Sumner, WA

LOOOONG Week. Arrived Tuesday am, SEMA, Strip, SEMA, Sony Party, SEMA, Party, SEMA, SEMA IGNITE (after party) Saturday and Sunday, LV Speedway (Optima Street Car Invitational). Tired, yes but dang we had fun.

27. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Somebody said 'hoodlight', and I pictured an Appleton in saggy shorts, Winos, ballcap backwards, and an oversize shirt...