Register now to get rid of these ads!

lake compounce

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by long island vic, Apr 25, 2011.

1. long island vic

long island vic

anyone going to the swap on sunday???? ifanyone on the island is thinking of going and wants a riders or wants to go with me, mail me,,maybe we wont have to spend 200 on fuel

2. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I'll be there as usual...you're right about the gas $$ Vic, it sucks!!

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Debbie and I will be roaming around. Do you guys drive all the way from the Island or take the ferry into Bridgeport? Don't know if that would save you gas or not.

4. 80vette

80vette

Are you guys talking about Lake Compounce near Bristol, Conn.???? I used to go there when I was a kid and ride around the lake in the Chris-Craft speed boats and they had a Merry-go-round. Wow!!! Does that bring back memories?!?!?

5. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

Yep that would be the Lake Compunce everyone is talking about :). It's still there in all its glory. We want to go but we keep having to tell ourselves....we do not need to spend money....we do not need to spend money....so we will be wet sanding the car instead.

6. Paul B

Paul B

THE OTHERS will be there stop by

7. long island vic

long island vic

im in the middle of the island,,for me too go to port jefferson and get the baot its the same time to drive around,,and i save alot on the fees

8. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Shit i used to go when i was a kid too, i lived in good ole Bridgeport,CT..

9. I did not go but heard it was all household junk! Anyone go and was it any good?

10. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I went- The traffic to get in from the North was so bad it took me from 6:45 till 8:30 to get in, not a cop
    to be seen. CSRA really needs to spend some of the money they make on police to direct traffic and stop
    the idiots making right turns from the left lane and screwing up the traffic flow. There was quite a bit of
    junk, a fair amount of early iron but I left without buying anything. Of course waiting almost 2 hours in
    traffic to get in left me in no mood to negotiate with anyone and the few items I asked about seemed to
    high priced . They should also use two lanes for spectators going in rather than one, they do not need two
    lanes for vendors and street rods.

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

CSRAFALL2014011_zps357246eb.jpg CSRAFALL2014025_zps727a1fea.jpg CSRAFALL2014019_zps70c49473.jpg CSRAFALL2014016_zps1644e66a.jpg We had a great time, always do. Left early and got there just before eight. Bought stuff to flip mostly, but I did buy four NOS door latch rods for the '29 Steelback project. Looked at a roll cage from a dragster, figured I could fit it inside the 1999 Olds, and it just fit. Bought a Donut gun still in the box, that was the neatest item I bought. The RYAN headlights at $2,000. for the pair seamed overpriced. Went to the LA Roadster Show and swap meet this year for the first time, and found a handfull of parts for $22.00. I made three cart load trips back to the car at Bristol. Filled the tank at the Mobil before the I84 ramp at $2.99 a gallon. Thank you CSRA, see you all in the Spring. Bob

12. Bob, is that Thanksgiving dinner?

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

The Buck Stops Here was a place I've been looking for years, this photo proves it is in Bristol, Ct. Bob

14. red wagons for sale.....under a buck each

kiwijeff likes this.
  15. John Lafayette

John Lafayette

I didn't go because my health hasn't let me do much lately. My good friend went and said it was pretty good but the traffic was out of control. He said it took him almost 2 hours to get in! I always remember traffic being bad but he said this was by far the worst. Hope CSRA can fix this. That ruins a good time. Thought I would read more about it on here.

16. 100% Matt

100% Matt

NES&C was there, Josh and Brett held it down whole Howie and I had to work our FD jobs. We did ok, but not great. We brought a good amount of stuff including some nice cabs
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415845576.894670.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415845599.651975.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

I had a great time at that show as usual, traffic was bad getting in (not sure why there arent two lanes going in? The cars for sale and vendor lanes are always open), but the place had more vendors than I have ever seen there, field was completely full and vendors were spilled out into the parking area. On the way there saw a guy driving an AD chevy truck towing a trailer with another AD truck on it, had the truck on the trailer loaded backwards so the weight was on the rear of the trailer instead of the tongue. Looped it in the middle of the interstate and was really lucky that it didnt flip and there wasnt the usual traffic.
    Picked up lots of stuff, scored a very nice F1 tail gate for $70 for my 51 project and a trunk load of $5 and $10 items.