Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasser Blowout 11/22/2014 Atmore Dragway. Atmore, AL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tkshotrods, Nov 8, 2014.

1. tkshotrods

tkshotrods
    from Summit, MS

I recently designed the flyer for this event being put on my Jessie Holmes out of Pensacola, FL. He sent a list of confirmed cars, and it looks like this is going to be a killer event. Looks like there are around 30 confirmed gassers so far. He is asking that all cars planning to run the gasser program contact him for pre-approval. No really strict era correct rules or anything. He's just looking for straight axle front ends, and the "the look." We will be bringing our 63 Fairlane "Miss Fitt." Anyone that's located in the south should try and make it out. Should be a great show.
    Details:
    GASSER BLOWOUT!
    @ The New Atmore Dragway in Atmore, AL
    Saturday November 22nd

Gates at 12PM
    $15 Spectator Admission (Kids 12 & Under free)
    $35 for Gassers and driver to race

Gassers must be pre-approved by Jessie Holmes to enter the program. EMAIL [email protected], OR FACEBOOK

This is also the 19th annual Turkey Trots race hosted by Atmore Dragway. More info on this race can be had through their facebook or website.

Old school drag promo spot:

[​IMG]

2. tkshotrods

tkshotrods
    from Summit, MS

Atmore Dragway also decided to open the track Friday night for an open test & tune, as well as a gamblers race. Anyone in the south planning on bringing a car or coming to watch?

3. captmullette

captmullette

can we camp at the track?? fri. nite

4. tkshotrods

tkshotrods
    from Summit, MS

As far as I know, that won't be a problem. We are planning on doing so. I'll check with Jessie again to be sure and let you know

5. sch-1

sch-1

Looks like this will be a bad ass, run what you brung and hope you brung enough event. Without class rules, will all the Gassers be running the same index or will there be different ones? (AA, A,B,C, etc.) I'm sure there is a big difference between the top ET's of some of these cars.

6. tkshotrods

tkshotrods
    from Summit, MS

Talked to Jessie, and he said camping is a go. Originally, the track wasn't going to be open for Test n Tune Friday, so a lot of guys were going to get there and camp for free, but now, since the track is opening Friday night for TnT, everyone that wants to camp will have to pay entry in to the track Friday night which is $10. If you run a car Friday night, it's $15 for entry and a tech card.

7. tkshotrods

tkshotrods
    from Summit, MS

Since there will be such a gap in ET's of the cars, he's running the race like a big match race essentially. No indexes or classes, everyone is just going to match up as close a possible, and make a total of 3 heads up rounds for the night. No times will be shown, just a win light. He just wants all the racers to have fun, make friends, enjoy the camraderie with like-minded individuals, and put on a good show for the fans. The two quickest cars of the night will have a final.

All this will be going on between a big open bracket race as well, so there will be a lot of racing that day. All the gassers will be called to the lanes as a single class.

8. tkshotrods

tkshotrods
    from Summit, MS

This is the first flyer from the event featuring the regional cars that will be there. A few original cars that were run in the 60's including Wompin Wagon, which I believe there is a HAMB thread about. This is going to a fun event for both racers, and fans.

[​IMG]

9. tkshotrods

tkshotrods
    from Summit, MS

Notice to anyone planning on making this race, gate time has been moved up to 10AM, and time trials will start at 12 noon. The weather is looking pretty good, but just in case, they wanted to get started a bit earlier

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!