Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest VETERANS DAY NOVEMBER 11, 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldsjoe, Nov 11, 2014.

1. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Thank You to all the Veterans Past Present Future! Without you we wouldn't be able to do what we love to do! image1.jpg

cavman, chopper99, 65COMET and 2 others like this.
  2. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Whether you were drafted or volunteered you as a veteran deserve a Thank You from all people in this country.

chopper99 and 65COMET like this.
  3. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks!---It was our duty!-----Korea 1951-1955. MY KOREAN WAR MEMORIAL PIX 002.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Thanks you to all the Veterans,you service will never be forgotten. HRP

chopper99 and 65COMET like this.

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

My Dad took 2 bullets in World War II for our Country, and by the Grace of God, he survived and became my Pops.
    He is no longer with us, but I love and Honor him each and everyday.
    God Bless all the men and women that have and are serving to protect and defend the United States of America.

barett, 34toddster and 65COMET like this.
  6. We veterans really appreciate being remembered on this day. To all of my fellow brothers & sisters at arms, enjoy your day.
    For those who are still serving, bless you. You are appreciated. May you all return safely home.

USN River Rats, (PBR's). My Tho, RVN. 1968 - 1969.

AHotRod, loudbang, wingnutz and 5 others like this.
  7. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Jakesrocks, you stated it perfectly.

D co. 1st Bn. 3rd Marines 2nd Plt.
    RVN 1966-67

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

AHotRod likes this.
  8. My step son Justin { I consider him just like my own son} Spent a year over in Quiate, he was the one who cleared he roads of any buried unexploded I.E.D.S It took out one of their trucks in front of them clearing the roads there. It took a toll on him what he saw over there, but I took care of his truck while he was gone and help him with any work he need on it now .I think this has brought us even closer together .Thanks you to all our vets. HPIM1873.JPG Bruce.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
    AHotRod and loudbang like this.
  9. You have it 100% on the money Jakesrocks. Thanks again to all who serve and all who have served.
    US Army 9th Division artillery, Dong Tam, RVN. 1967 - 1969. (Just up the river from you Jakesrocks.)

10. Hot Damn Hermanpullersgarage, I used to come down river to shop in your PX. Even managed to catch a couple USO shows down there. Small world, isn't it. Was that you guys that shelled Snoopies Head when we were taking mortar rounds ?

11. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I am a veteran. My son is on active duty. I'm very proud.

AHotRod likes this.
  12. Many thanks to all who served for our freedom

13. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

For way too many years veterans were forgoten. Now there a lot of free meals, car washes for us. That is really appreciated. This morning I went to a free breakfast at the Vets Club, had a wonderful steak at a local restaurant, and tonight will dine at the local Applebies restaurant for supper. All is free, much thanks to everyone for thinking about the vets of this country

14. seldom scene

seldom scene

THANK you to all veterans, many of us will never be the same, some for better, some not. I spent 1963-64 on the DMZ in Korea, wasn't too thrilled about it then, proud of it now. Ain't it funny how time changes things?

15. Not just today but every day !!!!

16. Yep, Thanks Fellas. Real Americans are always proud of what you've done for us. Thank You

17. 1934coupe

1934coupe

To all my Brothers in Arms I thank you and to all those that welcomed us home I thank you.

Pat Co. D 2nd. 8th. 1st Cav. Vietnam 1969

18. I went to the Cenotaph here in Cobble Hill for the cerimony .I go every year to remember my Dad ,RCAF , and keep his memory close to my heart. I also go to honor those who gave their lives for the freedoms we have now.
    A fly past with a Harvard in the lead had me choking back the tears as that was one of the planes Dad worked on.
    To all veterans past and furure your service is appreciated and thank you!

19. To all of the Vets, troll report. I just received a phone call from the American veterans support foundation. I hung up and did a google search. Very little if any is known about this supposed organization. As much as I support helping our fellow vets, beware of who you give your hard earned dollars to.

loudbang likes this.
  20. cavman

cavman

Thanks to all who remember the Vet and say "Thank You" on this day and every other day.

To the many who served before me, and the many that served with me, and the many who served since me...I say "Thanks Brothers and Sisters."

Cavman...1st Cav door gunner, I corps, RVN 1967-'68.

21. Flamed48

Flamed48

Thanks to my grandpa and all the other vets for protecting our freedom and alowing us future generations to serve

Coastal Riverine Squadron 4 USN since 2012

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. Jakesrocks, I was an artillery surveyor in the 9th arty. We surveyed and located co-ordinates for the gun batteries to set up on. Where they pointed those damn things is anybody's guess. Snoopies Head would have been within range. I hope we got the bad guys. Yes, it is a small world, especially when you throw in a love for cars, hot rods, and drag racing. Seemed like everbody in the service just wanted to get back to the world to pursue those dreams.