Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Mocked-Up '32

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Nov 10, 2014.

1. This is what Milner's coupe SHOULD have looked like.

volvobrynk and tb33anda3rd like this.
  2. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great lookn' 32 the way it sits, but you asked so... I'd add a bunch of yellow to that guards red mix (Mars red?). Change out the wanna be Covico for a real one. Then finish up with some o them funny color merican's. Yep that would do her for me. Edit : defiantly not knocking the owners taste... Just my .02!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

[QUOTE
    The only thing left to do would be to find a drag strip and tear the living shit out of it with that monster small block.
    Who’s with me?
    Who’s not?
    QUOTE]

Those wheels in my eye look better on a 40 and 50's car.
    I agree the rear tire look disproportionate.
    Like the car a lot not with those items involved though.
    I agree with missysdad. I too am a 60's child and this just doesn't jive.

4. My sentiments exactly!

We all look to our peers for approval but lets face the truth,with all our grandiose ideas of what is and is not traditional we will never totally agree with any one look or style of car and can always find something that we don't like about any particular car. HRP

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

I totally dig everything about it. Pretty sure it is EFI (see firewall), although I could care less- that car is bitchin in every way.

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. flamingokid

flamingokid

I'd leave it the way it is....

7. autobilly

autobilly

Sounds good Boss, don't forget a "quickie" out back.

8. seatex

seatex

x2, badass little car, just not digging the tire/body fit. But hey, that's just me

9. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

Every single car posted in here is cool as hell! Be proud to own any ....or all of them.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. Sorry about that error on my part boss. Props go out to Bryan Rusk for some cool shots with great lighting & location setting.
    Roger has put together one great looking hot rod and I am sure he is very happy with the way it has turned out and will drive the crap out of it. It's his guys so quit knocking his way of doing it. I am sure you would not like everyone to knock what you built. If we all done it the same way it would be a very boring world.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. deto

deto

I think this is always the best stage of a build. But it's hard to tear it down. Too much fun to drive them...

I was gonna ask how tough it is dealing with the mechanical injection on the street, but I spy an EFI style regulator.

Still a cool ride

12. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

I have been enjoying the "mocked-up" stage my coupe is in since the spring of '13. It is all sorted out mechanically and is a kick to drive. I have had several nicely painted cars over the years and I don't know that I want to start worrying about super nice paint again. Time will tell.

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

I just don't like channeled 32's, especially 32's that aren't chopped. I think one of the eye appealing features on a 32 is the distinct frame with the cove. Obviously when you channel it you take that away.

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. It's a 32... lol!

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. Commish

Commish
    from NW Ok

I like the car, but what I really want to know is where Bryan got the picture of my mother? I know it is not her, but could have been her twin in the late 40's early 50's.

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

you knew what I meant...you...Texan, you. :p

kidcampbell71 and volvobrynk like this.
  17. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Its funny, when I look at that Bad Ass mock up, but I dont get the mock up part :chok:
    If it runs and drives; its a Hot Rod!

I didnt see the wheel wells on the car in Primer. But when I look at a painted car it looks weird If the wheel Well dosent match a the wheel.

Funny what the eyes sees.

But a channeled unchopped with bobbed/molded rear fenders and bike fenders in front rock my boat!!

But all the others are damn nice too!

bowie and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  18. catdad49

catdad49

Found this a little while ago. Just another variation. Hard to tear apart a running, driving rod, but go for it if you must!!

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  19. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

Heavy metallic silver with some gold highlights....
    I would cut the hilborn tubes too...

Posted using the Mildly Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Why did you do so much cool work, and then install the steering wheel on the wrong site? :D LOL
    That is freaking beautiful!

Where are you in the world? And is that a Commer TS3 in the background? The 2cycle 6pistons in a 3 cylinder engine, with a blower! :shock:
    Thats plain awesome, for a non-hot rod, and it sounds so wicked!

This is by know means a complaint, but more of a question from a guy, being too young. But, If a rod ran with molded and bobbed rear fenders, wouldent it run bike fenders in the front and nerf-bars.
    To stay out of trouble with the Law.

Please dont lynch me. :scared:

But that is such a beautiful rod, channeled and unchopped, with bucket seats, and perfect down to the T. Or should that be an A+.

Is this a survivor? Or just the best newly build match to one?

21. Its an old hot rod that we rebuilt the chassis and a few other items on the car, while we were at it we figured we might as well convert it to right hand drive. The car still is not finished, we do have some cut up 35-36 spare wheel covers that we will use on the front for fnders on the front, at the moment we are in the midist of making some headers the same the Duane Spencer made for his roadster when it had the Y-Block in it.
    Heres a photo of the coupe when we bought it a few years back.
    It looks a bit diffrent NOW!
    \'32 5w1.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Johns Rod&Custom: Thats a great lookn' coupe you have! Reminds me of the Labell '32 minus the chop. Great rake.

23. I agree x100

Now, you'll find that there are some who'd ask rhetorically that if all of them sat the same way " how boring would that be ?" I suppose that they have a good point because if it weren't for rainy days we'd never fully appreciate the sunny ones. If it weren't for the "something's wrong" we wouldn't know the "everything's right". Some of these cars need to be that rainy day something's wrong flavor so that others have a place. I will begin to try to develop an attitude of gratitude towards this, but please forgive me if I stumble.

But then again what's less might be more to some

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  24. No doubt.....so many things that could have been immortalized "correct-er"(that a word?).

25. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

31vicky: I concur; if some are "rainy days"....mine would be a cloudburst! As example wedge channal cars are not for everyone. But , mine just grabbed me when I first saw it back in 1967,at age 10. If i were to park it beside ,say Homemade Hardtops perfect 3w the "wrong" of her would be enough to choke a horse! Variety is good. Differant strokes...for differant folks.

26. Tognotti's avenger 32 coupe is noted as one of the first with a wedge channel and won its class in 1961 GNRS. :) so you are in very good company.

volvobrynk and bowie like this.
  27. ExpressionsDesignCo.

ExpressionsDesignCo.
    from Kokomo, IN

post: 10693870, member: 3"]Tot [QUaOTE="Ryan, ally passable on a 60's era hot rod in my opinion...

s

And aww A I think you can get away with this on a competition styled car. In fact, it's almost a feature in my book.

But yeah, I feel ya.[/QUOTE]

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. highboy

highboy
    from marin

Gorgeous coupe...one of the period perfect details I like most is the mechanical (what I assume) is mechanical injection...my question is..are people having luck driving these on the streets?