Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Dwight Bond - current phone #...?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steve hackel, Oct 10, 2014.

1. steve hackel

steve hackel

Does anyone out there have a current phone number for Dwight Bond? I need an adapter and only have an older disconnected number for him. Thanks, Steve

2. Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  3. steve hackel

steve hackel

Thanks for the links, but the phone # listed is not his & the person that answered said he has received at least 80 calls for Dwight. Has anyone had any contact with him lately? Thanks

4. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

I contacted him about a month ago (through a post on HAMB) and he didn't seem much interested in the T5 adapters anymore. If you get a different response let me know.

5. Jseery...was he not making any now or just not interested?

6. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

Both as far as I could tell. I will see if I can find his post.

7. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

Can't find the post! What are you looking for? It was my understanding that he was making T5 adapter (flat plate style) that adapted a Hogshead to a Ford T5, is that what you need?

8. steve hackel

steve hackel

I myself was looking for an adapter to fit a T5 with a Ford pattern up to an AA' truck bell housing. The trans I currently have is a Ford mounting pattern but the adapter I have (one of Dwights) is for the Chevy style S10 mount. I am not planning on doing another trans and thought the adapter would be easier to locate. Anyone have the drawings on how to do this? Anyone need the adapter I currently have?

9. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

That's why I was asking, think I can provide you the measurements if your interested. The second drawing with measurements (It's not mine, downloaded it from the internet) is of a different adapter setup but the Ford pattern should be correct. I prefer to back mark the mounting holes from the parts the will attach to. Once the center hole is cut you can mount it on the transmission and uses the mounting holes to mark the hole locations. Then you can use the bearing retainer (I used a separate one from the transmission I was using) to locate the plate to you bell-housing/adapter to back mark those hole location to the adapter plate.

Attached Files:

10. JasonCarGuy

JasonCarGuy

I'm actually looking for an adapter plate to adapt a chevy S10 T5 to the ford truck flathead hogshead. Is that what you have? If so how much do you want for it. Hopefully you can help me out.
    Thanks,
    Jason Mayginnes
    [email protected]

11. 970-227-1171 is GOOD NUMBER