Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Knottsberry farm cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mrspeedyt, Nov 10, 2014.

1. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

just a bit ago drove past Knottsberry farm on the way down to this smoothie bar in Little Saigon... anybody know whatever happened to the miniature old cars of the ride that was here years ago in the 60's and 70's at the nw corner of beach and crescent?

2. flyboy89

flyboy89
    from So. Cal.

I remember those cars. Drove them a few times also. They are either stored somewhere where you can't get to them or sold off as scrap and crushed.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

that was Henry's Livery Ride - 1958-1978 - gas powered replica Model T cars that were "driven" on a special track. big time stuff back then.

4. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

i remember henrys livery ride. that was a bit further north of this location in the park. more toward the 'ghost town'. the cars ( and track) that i am asking about were at the southern side right next to beach blvd. these paticular cars were slightly larger and various body styles and were not guided on a center track (i think)..

5. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I remember those. There was no "guide" track and the cars looked like a model "T" roadster. For the past few years now, someone has been with one of those Knotts car at the Chino Cornfield Run, and they drive it around. I don't like Knotts with all those coasters now (except for Ghost Rider) because they ruin the atmosphere of Knotts.

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  6. purpledodge

purpledodge
    from Tucson

About a year ago I was dropping off a load of scrap metal at a yard here in Tucson and they had a scale model T that someone had dropped off. As I was talking to the owner of the yard about buying it the front end loader ran it over! I wonder if it might have been one of those?

7. Six Flags here had both....

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Six Flags not even close to old school early Knott's Berry Farm